Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xcom cancelled? Rebranded as new IP?

2 posters

Go down

Xcom cancelled? Rebranded as new IP? Empty Xcom cancelled? Rebranded as new IP?

Post by Killswitchmad Sat 13 Apr 2013 - 9:47

The official website and a pair of trailers for 2K Games' tactical shooter set in the XCOM universe appear to have been taken offline by the game's publisher — a change recently spotted by Digital Trends — leading to further speculation about the fate of the long-delayed XCOM.

The XCOM official site now returns a 404 error and two YouTube videos hosted on 2K Games' channel have been set to private viewing.

Originally announced in 2010 as a first-person shooter set in the 1960s, XCOM has been frequently delayed by 2K Games and publisher Take-Two Interactive. The game is currently on the books for a fiscal 2014 release, according to the most recent financial results from Take-Two, pegging its ship date some time between April 2013 and May 2014.

A recent report on Kotaku indicated that 2K Marin's XCOM shooter may be undergoing a rebranding, with domain registrations (thebureau-game.com, whathappenedin62.com) pointing to a project titled The Bureau. A previous report indicated that XCOM had undergone a shift from first-person shooter to third-person.

When contacted for comment, a 2K spokesperson told Polygon the company "has no comment about the sites being down today."
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Xcom cancelled? Rebranded as new IP? Empty Re: Xcom cancelled? Rebranded as new IP?

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 15 Apr 2013 - 20:29

I remember seeing a vid for this a few years back and it looked promising - I was not so aware of the XCom name so wasnt likely to feel the anger diehards of the series were likely to with the direction the series looked to be going though.

Hopefully this will be decent but only time will tell!
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Xcom cancelled? Rebranded as new IP? Empty Re: Xcom cancelled? Rebranded as new IP?

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 26 Apr 2013 - 22:37

Officially announced as 'The Bureau - Xcom Declassified' and is due for release on 20th August. It is being made by 2k Marin - the team behind Bioshock 2.

This teaser trailer has been released and it gives a flavour of the tone but not much else as it is live action:

I am willing to give this a look. I thought 2k Marin did a good job on Bioshock 2 and the decision to move this from a FPS to a squad based 3rd person could make it quite interesting.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down