Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Internal Microsoft email reveals that "always online" is false and confirms Blu Ray

+4
Wheeto
FWG MARKY FWG
N1NJA FWG
Killswitchmad
8 posters

Go down

Internal Microsoft email reveals that "always online"  is false and confirms Blu Ray  Empty Internal Microsoft email reveals that "always online" is false and confirms Blu Ray

Post by Killswitchmad Tue 7 May 2013 - 18:08

Good news for gamers – the rumours of Microsoft's 'always-on' next-gen console appear to have been exaggerated. Either that, or it's changed its mind in response to the whirlwind of online fury at the suggestion that you'll a constant internet connection to play single player games.

A Microsoft email to employees (picked up by Ars Technica) states that "there are a number of scenarios that our users expect to work without an internet connection, and those should 'just work' regardless of their current connection status".

Those scenarios include "playing a Blu-ray disc, watching live TV and yes playing a single player game".

And there you have it. You won't need to hook up to the interwebs to rack up those single player gamer points, so put those pitchforks down.

The eagle-eyed among you will also notice a reference to Blu-ray, matching up with one of our predictions for what the new Xbox event will reveal on May 21st.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Internal Microsoft email reveals that "always online"  is false and confirms Blu Ray  Empty Re: Internal Microsoft email reveals that "always online" is false and confirms Blu Ray

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 7 May 2013 - 20:53

Its a start. Now debunk the rumour of blocking used games please Wink
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Internal Microsoft email reveals that "always online"  is false and confirms Blu Ray  Empty Re: Internal Microsoft email reveals that "always online" is false and confirms Blu Ray

Post by FWG MARKY FWG Tue 7 May 2013 - 21:14

N1NJA FWG wrote:Its a start. Now debunk the rumour of blocking used games please Wink

here here!!
FWG MARKY FWG
FWG MARKY FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wheeto Tue 7 May 2013 - 23:23

About time for the Blu Ray.
Fucking hate having to plug my ps3 in to watch blu ray movies Laughing
Wheeto
Wheeto
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Thu 9 May 2013 - 13:24

its peculiar that this is the only "debunking" rumour thats come out. you would think that there would be a good number of fanboys inventing plenty to counter the million "always online" ones, but no. odd

slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Sat 11 May 2013 - 9:52

Only 10 days before theres something more concrete... probably Smile
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Sat 11 May 2013 - 10:32

I hope so Homer but I wouldn't bet on it.

I wouldn't put a "conceptual" reveal past MS that lacks much detail.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Sat 11 May 2013 - 10:47

Daz190uk wrote:I hope so Homer but I wouldn't bet on it.

I wouldn't put a "conceptual" reveal past MS that lacks much detail.

Actually M$ from past reveals tend to blow it all out in one big event (even with the 360 Slim) so I would expect to see a full reveal especially if they want to contend with Sony this time round.....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 11 May 2013 - 12:48

I think with Sony showing their hand early (and impressively) I think MS have got to really wow on the launch and I hope that doesnt equal a load of guff around Kinect!
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Sat 11 May 2013 - 13:33

I hope you guys are right.

I couldn't stomach a PS4 as I just can't stand the controllers and especially the analogue sticks.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Sat 11 May 2013 - 13:40

Kinect=the only dust covered tech in my house. M$ seem to think gaming should involve families after initial success of Wii. But how many still use the Wii? And you only have to look at poor sales of the WiiU. Gaming will always be a one person activity (as in where your playing) unless you have some mates round for some beer (online gaming covers this perfectly). SONY seem to understand this and I think that they could win the next gen.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down