Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So it seems Microsoft may have been faking voice commands and applause

4 posters

Go down

So it seems Microsoft may have been faking voice commands and applause Empty So it seems Microsoft may have been faking voice commands and applause

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 23 May 2013 - 12:35

Most of us tuned in to the Xbox One reveal on Tuesday night. Being a live conference, anything can go wrong. So it's almost acceptable that 90% of the voice commands during the Xbox One reveal weren't performed based on what what Yusuf Mehdi was saying. Look at the IGN video below (skip to 1:39:00) and notice that anytime Yusuf begins talking about an Xbox One voice command, his left hand automatically goes into his pocket, presumably to press a clicker to proceed to a new slide or something similar (unless he's playing one-handed ping-pong if you know what I mean).

Also as it turns out someone snapped a shot of the crowd during an applause, turns out they were all reporting on their devices rather than clapping....

Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

So it seems Microsoft may have been faking voice commands and applause Empty Re: So it seems Microsoft may have been faking voice commands and applause

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 23 May 2013 - 13:19

Hands up anyone surprised if this is true.....

The Skype call seemed very odd at the time - call someone up, let them talk, say goodbye....very natural
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

So it seems Microsoft may have been faking voice commands and applause Empty Re: So it seems Microsoft may have been faking voice commands and applause

Post by slowdog76 Thu 23 May 2013 - 14:03

game sites have made mention of this (the ms employees doing the cheering) but have also gone on to say that all the companies have been doing this for years and its common knowledge within the industry.

peter molyneux, when ign during the launch made mention of whether that was a live demo or not. i cant remember what he said tbh, and cba to find it. i reckon it was a mixture of the two tbh. i think, whilst flipping around the dash and to and from tv channels that that was probably live. reason being mainly is that he was flicking onto live channels. i think someone in the local broadcast area would have spotted if he was switching to things that werent actually on at the time, especially as it flipped to a tv guide.

the skype thing may well have been something weird and pre-recorded though, along with other bits and pieces, tbh, i;ve no problem with that. remember what happens when they try to show the tech live?

slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Thu 23 May 2013 - 14:59

slowdog76 wrote:game sites have made mention of this (the ms employees doing the cheering) but have also gone on to say that all the companies have been doing this for years and its common knowledge within the industry.
I heard this as well, that the cheering was the audio from a backroom full of MS employees. It could well have been, but it definitely sounded to me a like a large number of people spread over a large area.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down