Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch)

+18
bal
HomerRamone2084
FWG Unky Al
Daz190uk
Law Ram
krisab
N1NJA FWG
Pais
Butterbean FWG
Dongziller
Toasted Cylon
xuk casey ukx
Evosean
Reaper FWG
Pagey
The Selkie
Killswitchmad
slowdog76
22 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch) - Page 4 Empty Re: Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch)

Post by The Selkie Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 9:08

N1NJA FWG wrote:Was that Halo clip for the game or Spielbergs TV series?
I suspect it was the TV series. Notice at the end it said "Halo" not "Halo 5".

The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch) - Page 4 Empty Re: Its the E3 2013 thread (sorry killswitch)

Post by Pagey Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 10:22

Seems as though alot of gamers are going over to the Playstation 4, here is the Xbox Forum thread.

http://forums.xbox.com/en-gb/uk_general_xbox_discussion/f/229/t/1352068.aspx
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 10:57

Ive now watched Battlefield 3 times and im already in love, elder scrolls online aswell looking good
bal
bal

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 11:08

Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 11:15

NightHaze FWG wrote:The moment when Sony won E3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SJ-To7WJyWs

I can see that after this and given enough pressure M$ may hastily back track on their DRM choices
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 12:59

Massively impressed with Reflections Next Gen title, The Crew. Rather than going all out on graphics they've instead shoehorned the ENTIRE US continent into the game and mate it completely open world, you can climb the mountains, drive through Nevada and race the strip. It looks insane, the customization is deeper than anygame I've seen too allowing to strip a car right down and rebuild it from the ground up anyway you like.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by krisab Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 13:09

Killswitchmad wrote:Massively impressed with Reflections Next Gen title, The Crew. Rather than going all out on graphics they've instead shoehorned the ENTIRE US continent into the game and mate it completely open world, you can climb the mountains, drive through Nevada and race the strip. It looks insane, the customization is deeper than anygame I've seen too allowing to strip a car right down and rebuild it from the ground up anyway you like.

Just watched the gameplay to this. Kinda reminds me of Test Drive with the open worldness of it and lots of customisation.

krisab
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 13:19

Killswitchmad wrote:allowing to strip a car right down and rebuild it from the ground up anyway you like.
Is it so realistic that when you put it back together you end up with spare bits but you don't want to throw them away as you're not sure where they were supposed to go or if they're important?
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:00

Killswitchmad wrote:
NightHaze FWG wrote:The moment when Sony won E3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SJ-To7WJyWs

I can see that after this and given enough pressure M$ may hastily back track on their DRM choices

They tried and failed by saying potentially locking of used games sat with the publishers. I would be surprised if they can back track on it any further.

Lets get things in perspective, Sony say the console won't be blocking used games but the publishers may still instigate some variation of the online pass so you could end where both systems are effectively doing the same thing.....
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:19

But they already are doing that. EA have stopped its true but that still leaves ubisoft and cockmasters.
Voting with your wallet is the only way. I refused to buy any online pa$$ games and EA have dropped them. Very Happy

(I suspect that the main reason EA have dropped them is maybe this this, or that them be nice people - more cos they knew about the M$ stuff.)

Most of the passes are for online stuff too.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:34

yh, theres no way, that if EA decide to do a pass thing again that Sony will not let them. They couldn't run the risk of losing the FIFA's, Madden's and Battlefields of the world.

Mind you, in the midst of all MS's confusing nonsense, didn't they say the publishers would have to discuss and make arrangements themselves with the retailers? Would that not actually be brilliant? As in, it would be such a ballache for pub's to have to go and do that, that they wouldn't bother
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:38

you dont think the whole implementation of a pass system was a ballache ? And they all jumped on that bandwagon.

your right about EA - but the flipside of the coin is that the sales of those titles are fairly comparable as far as I am aware - so EA would lose as much as sony IYSWIM.

Course M$ would love it because they could say 'Exclusive to and Only possible because of The POWER of xbox'

Smile
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:44

a ballache yes, but surely simpler than trying to arrange something with each and every major retailer the world over?

they would indeed lose money. but i would imagine the threat of a major pub like EA dropping your system and the fact that some( prob a lot) gamers could jump platforms would be too much of a risk
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:45

Thing is EA have currently only ditched the current online passes on Xbox, as far as I'm aware you still need a pass to play Bad Company 2 etc on PS3 so this could potentially continue on PS4 while arranging with retailers on the Xbone.

I cant see EA missing out on money where it's possible
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 14:52

its whats really annoyed me about both companies. they both have a new console this year and there is much of them both that isnt known or has been explained badly.

i mean seriously, so many people are openly saying that they will go to the PS4. and it isn't because they think the system looks better. its because MS cant just answer a simple fucking question / implement stupid ass policies before people are ready for them.

how can people be excited for a product if the fecking companies wont put every single 100% irresputable fact out there for people. if you arent ready to detail them all THEN DONT FUCKING LAUNCH YET
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 15:59

Just watched the gameplay demo for Tom Clancy's The Division. Another impressive looking title from Ubisoft, seems they have a real grip on the quality titles for next gen
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 20:16

a ballache yes, but surely simpler than trying to arrange something with each and every major retailer the world over?
But it wont be - itll be large retailers. They already have to do that sorta shit anyway for marketing and all that pish.

they would indeed lose money. but i would imagine the threat of a major pub like EA dropping your system and the fact that some( prob a lot) gamers could jump platforms would be too much of a risk

Surely its the same level of risk from both sides. For sure $ony would be risking losing a major publisher, but then EA would be risking massive drop in sales. Possibly in the region of 50%. Dont think sony would lose 50% of their customers. Ive not doubt some would go out and buy a boner that wouldnt have before - but I think probably the majority of people wont. It would be down to who had the biggest pair of nads. Sony are still gonna sell a shed load of ps4s and EA a shed load of . As to the greater loss - hard call but I reckon EA would stand to lose most.

Thing is EA have currently only ditched the current online passes on Xbox, as far as I'm aware you still need a pass to play Bad Company 2 etc on PS3 so this could potentially continue on PS4 while arranging with retailers on the Xbone.
Dont think this is the case - my understanding is that they are turning the passes off for older titles or making the download for such a pass free where thats not possible. (Course this is for games where they aint already turned the servers off - which is one of the things that makes the whole one pass thing so shocking IMHO - they are the first to turn the servers off and they were first to charge for online play. fuckers

I cant see EA missing out on money where it's possible
Well no but neither will sony - its a question of who stands to lose the most (or wants to take the chance)

its whats really annoyed me about both companies. they both have a new console this year and there is much of them both that isnt known or has been explained badly.
Isnt that called hype ?

how can people be excited for a product if the fecking companies wont put every single 100% irresputable fact out there for people.
More hype and not wanting to play all their cards I reckon.

if you arent ready to detail them all THEN DONT FUCKING LAUNCH YET
And risk the other company getting the drop on you - neither of them want that that much is 100%

Only 3 quotes.. what the fuck is that about !?
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 20:20

One thing i have noticed from the casual market is none are touching the xbone simply because its too expensive, everyone I've talked to has said they do without
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 20:29

Showed lads at work the details of both and they all said they'll get PS4. Main reason being they don't want all the shite that's been added to X1. They want (and I suspect most of the '2nd' tv gamers) a games machine.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 21:08

I had a conversation with the lads at the Northampton branch today and they all have xbox's and play on line together most nights. However all of them are swapping over to playstation !!
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterbean FWG Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 22:24

Pais wrote:Showed lads at work the details of both and they all said they'll get PS4. Main reason being they don't want all the shite that's been added to X1. They want (and I suspect most of the '2nd' tv gamers) a games machine.
my thoughts exactly
Butterbean FWG
Butterbean FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 22:32

At the end of the day as a gamer you'll be winning No matter which you choose as both appear to have a solid lineup at launch, just comes down to price and preference, for me it has to he the Xbone purely because I'm so invested in M$'s exclusives.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 23:15

I have both currently on pre-order, not sure which im going to get first though.

While Sony got the jump on MS with the price and the used games thing, MS had the better showing with their games. Titanfall, Dead Rising 3 both looked amazing.

The majority of games Sony showed were multiplatform games, all coming to the xbox one, including, Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15, The crew, The Division, Assassins Creed etc are all multi platform.

The only issue i have with the xbox one is that we still do not know exactly how powerful the system is. Will The Division (which was demoed on the PS4 dev kit) look the same, or will it look slightly worse on the xbox one.

I never got on with the PS2 or PS3 due to the joypad, i hated it, too light, uncomfortable to hold and those triggers were horrendous. If they improved it for the PS4 then I may jsut be swayed. But the launch line up for the xbox is looking far better.

I also do not trust anything Sony say either, both talk shit at times. Last time sony led thier customers on regarding the reveal date, pushing it back and back. This time they have only said it will be out thsi holiday, which i believe covers January as well. At least we know the xbox will be out in November.

So for me its

XBOX for

Dead Rising 3
Titan Fall
Spark
Quantum Break (need to see more)
Forza 5 (possibly)

The only games i was interested in for the PS4 were the multiplats, Destiny, Assassins Creed, Watch Dogs, Madmax, Elder Scrolls Online. All of which I can get on the Xbox one.
So it really depends if they look an d play the same or if the PS4 will be much better performance wise.

The DRM stuff isnt that bothersome, I dont rent games, i dont loan them out and the 360 is always connected online, so it isnt an issue personally. Just need a lot more info on used games and how that exactly works.

ramble over, and hi everyone, been ages since I was on here

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 23:23

I'm actually genuinely a bit worried for MS. Both consoles are about equal for me at the minute, but there seems to be a massive amount of people shifting from xbox to PS and none going the other way. If this is as big a difference as the internet seems to be suggesting it will be, then this could be MS's last console. 6 years from now we could be looking at a PS5 with no contender other than Nintendo's latest gimmick-y device for playing mario games. Unless Steam step up to the mark that is. Competition drives the industry, if Sony are uncontested then it's us consumers who will suffer.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 0:02

I really wouldn't read too much in to the Internet comments. It will have very little impact on sales in the end.

Most of the biggest complainers will probably buy an X1 anyway!

I'm more concerned about what the communities I'm involved in end up doing - I.e. here and WGL.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 0:42

Daz190uk wrote:I really wouldn't read too much in to the Internet comments. It will have very little impact on sales in the end.

Most of the biggest complainers will probably buy an X1 anyway!

I'm more concerned about what the communities I'm involved in end up doing - I.e. here and WGL.
I'm not so sure about that, Dazzer. Most people on my facebook are going PS and quite a few people here are switching over. I expect the WGL is safe. If nothing else, the X1 appealed to the competitive players with dedicated servers and twitch streaming.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next