Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ps4 info vid

5 posters

Go down

ps4 info vid Empty ps4 info vid

Post by HomerRamone2084 Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 20:36

Sposed to be 20 things you didnt know - but I think thats a little exagerated

HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

ps4 info vid Empty Re: ps4 info vid

Post by The Selkie Sun 14 Jul 2013 - 21:54

Are you sure that's the right video, Homer? It just seems to be a collection of clips with some music playing rather than any info.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 9:51

I know.. just making sure everyones awake.. honest

PlayStation Dynamic Menu is replacing the XMB.
500GB HDD, can be replaced and upgraded.
Log onto any PS4, access your games and purchases from any machine as long as you are signed in.
You can ‘nominate’ one PlayStation 4 as your home machine, with your content always available on that one system, even to other users (including PlayStation Plus).
Comes with an HDMI cable.
Not region locked.
PlayStation Camera can shoot in 3D and in high quality.
PlayStation Camera has four microphones for accurate sound detection and source origination.
Video Unlimited will stream movies for the first time on PlayStation.
You’ll be able to switch instantly between playing a game and apps in most situations.
The Touch Pad on the DualShock 4 is a button.
PlayStation App is an iOS and Android app set to launch around the PS4, allowing you to use phones and tablets as a second screen, shop the PlayStation Store, and watch your friends play games online.
The PS4 has Cross Game Chat.
PS4 has always-on video compression and decompression systems, constantly processing your last few minutes of gameplay for easy sharing, even uploading it in the background.
PS4 has suspend mode, which means you can jump back into a game easily.
PS4 does updates and downloads in the background, or suspend mode.
PS4 will use Gaikai to stream “the best” PS3 games, with more legacy titles planned to be added later.
Existing PS+ memberships carry over to PlayStation 4, with a new game being added each month.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is working on new, original programming for the PlayStation 4.
There’s more than 140 games in development for PS4.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 13:18

HomerRamone2084 wrote:
PlayStation App is an iOS and Android app set to launch around the PS4, allowing you to use phones and tablets as a second screen, shop the PlayStation Store, and watch your friends play games online.

Sounds like a good equivalent of Smartglass Smile

Did I hear correctly about PS+? He mentions the membership will get you a PS4 game every month in addition to PS3/Vita games in the Instant Game Collection? So does this mean that the PS3 PS+ games will be streamed on PS4 or that you will just need to hold on to your PS3 console to play them? Scratch 
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evosean Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 14:16

is there any videos like this for the new xbox. then again now they've took away most of the new features nothing much to show just updated graphics. Razz
Evosean
Evosean
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 14:23

HomerRamone2084 wrote:an HDMI
Now we all know how you pronounce the letter H.

As with most things, there's a load of bollocks I don't care about (camera nonsense, constantly videoing etc.) but there are a few interesting points in there. At the minute he two systems are still looking very similar to me, unless MS cut the price difference or start throwing free stuff in with the console I may shift over to Sony.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Mon 15 Jul 2013 - 16:05

N1NJA FWG wrote:
HomerRamone2084 wrote:

Sounds like a good equivalent of Smartglass Smile

Did I hear correctly about PS+?  He mentions the membership will get you a PS4 game every month in addition to PS3/Vita games in the Instant Game Collection?  So does this mean that the PS3 PS+ games will be streamed on PS4 or that you will just need to hold on to your PS3 console to play them? Scratch 

PS+ has been pretty excellent so far, but we do need to know how this will roll forward onto PS4, particularly in view of the lack of backwards compatibility. It wont make a huge amount of difference to me as I intend to keep my PS3, but it is a valid question

They didn't start Vita on PS+ until the back end of last year, which I suppose was down to the relevant lack of software. If there are 140 titles in production for PS4 then they can start straight off the bat, especially 1st party titles.

I was under the impression that Gaikai would be used to steam older PS3 games to the PS4 as part of the PS+ program, but I don't think Gaikai is going to be ready at launch. It also doesn't really address how it would effect those PS+ subcribers that don't buy a PS4 straight away.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Tue 16 Jul 2013 - 9:52

I would expect free PS4 games to work as they are now. If you dont grab the game while its there (or cant cos you aint subscribed) then you miss out. Im sure some will say 'not fair', 'harsh' or 'shit, robbing bastards' but it seems fair enough to me. 

Since the alternative would be letting you get all that have even been on there - so then the folks that have been paying customers since its introduction will complain because they got nothing for staying customers.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 17 Jul 2013 - 20:56

I really hope PS+ for PS4 works the same as it does for PS3 and Vita.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down