Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diablo III console reviews arrive, anyone picking it up?

+3
Waylander FWG
Toasted Cylon
Killswitchmad
7 posters

Go down

Diablo III console reviews arrive, anyone picking it up? Empty Diablo III console reviews arrive, anyone picking it up?

Post by Killswitchmad Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 22:22

I must say I've not been particularly interested in Diablo III from the outset, it had a problematic release on PC, I was expecting similar from the console version.

However as the months have passed the PC version has become a monster if a game with all the issues fixed and a few brilliant additions and now the console release has arrived. I was still a little dubious but the game is garnering universal praise with some even going as far to say that the tweaks to the console version make it better in places than the PC release, below I've rounded up the current 360 reviews, so is anyone picking this up?
Game Informer

It’s different in all the right ways. With an engaging new control scheme, fewer online hurdles, and all the depth of the original, taking on Diablo’s legion of demon lords has never been more enjoyable.

Eurogamer Italy

Diablo III is an excellent adaptation by Blizzard, who has created a funnier, faster, accessible game, without simplifying it too much. The controls are great and the 4 player offline coop mode is as fun... as hell!

Eurogamer

Diablo 3 on console is one of the best co-op games money can buy. It swings smoothly from easygoing to intense, with perfectly paced pockets of downtime, and is capable of swallowing entire evenings in a single, voracious gulp.

Official Xbox Magazine

Dispel any doubts you might have had: thanks to some smart tweaks and changes, Diablo III is a deep, spirited game that fits right into its new home.

NowGame!

It’s a big game too, and once you find yourself hooked, it’s eminently replayable...Of course, with length comes tedium, and there are times where Diablo’s relentless grind can become mercilessly wearying.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Diablo III console reviews arrive, anyone picking it up? Empty Re: Diablo III console reviews arrive, anyone picking it up?

Post by Toasted Cylon Sun 1 Sep 2013 - 23:55

I do fancy it as it's co-op allows my son & I to play it together on the sofa. But I did buy two games last week,so it'll have to wait until payday at the end of the month.
Toasted Cylon
Toasted Cylon
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Diablo III console reviews arrive, anyone picking it up? Empty Re: Diablo III console reviews arrive, anyone picking it up?

Post by Waylander FWG Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 7:13

I have been keeping a close eye on it, have the first 2 on PC but not really played them. I enjoy these sorts of games but struggling for funds atm, so it will have to wait.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 8:44

Hoping my copy arrives today
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 13:51

Boomerang sent me a rental copy out today.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 14:13

was hoping they would for me too but they instead sent splinter cell
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Toasted Cylon Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 14:37

slowdog76 wrote:was hoping they would for me too but they instead sent splinter cell
Nothing wrong with that, a most excellent game.
I bought Blacklist & Bioshock Infinite a week ago, Bioshock had about 2hrs play before I got sucked into Blacklist & have played nothing since. Very close to finishing the game on Perfectionist Smile
Toasted Cylon
Toasted Cylon
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 15:01

im looking forward to it greatly. just with diablo, i see folks keeping hold of that for a while on rental
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by LoonzY Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 17:57

Ordered mine yippeeeeee

LoonzY
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Mon 2 Sep 2013 - 18:00

well mine never came - thought simply games were supposed to be quick?
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down