Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Struggling Capcom faces making half it's european workforce redundant

5 posters

Go down

Struggling Capcom faces making half it's european workforce redundant Empty Struggling Capcom faces making half it's european workforce redundant

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 15:28

"More than half" of Capcom's European arm "faces redundancy" as part of a major restructure at the firm, according to a new report.

MCV reports that Capcom Europe "is undergoing a major restructure following a difficult year", and that it "understands more than half of the European arm faces redundancy, with a number of jobs set to merge".

In a statement provided to the magazine, a Capcom spokesperson confirmed that the European arm is "currently evaluating its structure" following an earlier reorganisation in the US.

"Following a restructure at its US operation, Capcom's European organisation is currently evaluating its structure to ensure it is in the best position to take advantage of the changing market conditions the industry is facing," said the representative.

Capcom is thought to have been hard hit after multiple high-profile titles failed to reach sales targets.

Both DmC: Devil May Cry and Resident Evil 6 are believed to have undersold, with its latest AAA release Lost Planet 3 failing to break into the UK Top 25 on launch week.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Struggling Capcom faces making half it's european workforce redundant Empty Re: Struggling Capcom faces making half it's european workforce redundant

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 19:57

Hate to see this happen and people lose jobs but Capcom don't seem to have dropped a great title out for some time now that would generate much excitement.

Hopefully things perk up for them Neutral
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Struggling Capcom faces making half it's european workforce redundant Empty Re: Struggling Capcom faces making half it's european workforce redundant

Post by Waylander FWG Thu 3 Oct 2013 - 20:45

Dragons Dogma did well by all accounts, yet to play it myself yet.

Shame to see this happen though.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 11:52

I thought the recent Resident Evil one- Revelations was pretty good. More like the original series than the recent ones. Think the first/second game.. on a boat.
Had online coop modes too
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 12:46

its a shame I remember when Capcom's name was enough to make me buy whatever game even if I knew northing about it.

revelations was a good game more resident evil than a lot of the newer games but I don't think it was made for us wasn't it a psp or wii game ported over with co op thrown in?
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 13:24

Was a DS game - and really - the textures and such are not that great. Could've put a better effort in really. I expected it wasnt done in house anyway - but ultimatley they couldve say 'come back with the gfx look pretty'
Maybe they didn't expect to sell many. But I much prefer it to the Resi 4/5 style. (lets not speak of 6).

4/5 is all well and good if thats your thing - just felt like a wholly different game.. and ive always thought if its that different.. give it another name ffs !!

Its not like it wouldn't have been known/publicist that it was 'from the creators of resident evil'
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Fri 4 Oct 2013 - 13:51

I don't think they could of called it anything else, but like you the series lost its appeal at 4 4and 5 are more action then survival horror, gone were the jumps, thrill, anticipation or a intrigue and in were bigger guns, more explosions.

and 6 I played I liked but it again was an action Game and not the resi I wanted.
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down