Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Crew finally gets a new gameplay trailer, must see!

+4
Daz190uk
N1NJA FWG
totalgizmo
Killswitchmad
8 posters

Go down

The Crew finally gets a new gameplay trailer, must see! Empty The Crew finally gets a new gameplay trailer, must see!

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 2:33

It looks like the delay on this has been nothing but good, it looks phenomenal now and the idea of driving across the US seamlessly has me salivating!
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

The Crew finally gets a new gameplay trailer, must see! Empty Re: The Crew finally gets a new gameplay trailer, must see!

Post by totalgizmo Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 12:36

Looks pretty good if that is actual gameplay and not just a trailer.

Its to run at 1080p and 30fps on both PS4 and XB1, if that is the limit they can achieve I'd have prefered a lower resolution with higher FPS myself, maybe this is something the developers should start adding in the options so the user can choose pretty v smooth. They have, sort of, with Titanfall 360 in that they allow you to cap the frame rate at 30fps.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

The Crew finally gets a new gameplay trailer, must see! Empty Re: The Crew finally gets a new gameplay trailer, must see!

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 13:37

totalgizmo wrote:Its to run at 1080p and 30fps on both PS4 and XB1, if that is the limit they can achieve I'd have prefered a lower resolution with higher FPS myself, maybe this is something the developers should start adding in the options so the user can choose pretty v smooth. They have, sort of, with Titanfall 360 in that they allow you to cap the frame rate at 30fps.

Killzone and Second Son have had (or are due to have) this feature added and I can see it becoming a more common occurance on this gen.

At the end of the day, anyone with a PC will happily tinker with settings to get things how they want in terms of visuals vs frames. Although consoles will never give the customisation a PC does, at least a choice between the 2 options is good to have.

I like the look of this but like Giz, I would like to know if this is actual in game engine footage.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 13:54

According to Ubi this is in game footage, and so far none if the trailers for The Crew have been anything but in game.

As for 60fps I'm not too fussed, 1080p at 30fps is an impressive feat for a game with such a huge seamless world
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 14:55

I second Giz's thoughts though as I'm also of the opinion that I would rather have 720p if it means 60fps game play.

Would certainly be a really cool option for developers to look to start offering.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 15:57

Killswitchmad wrote:As for 60fps I'm not too fussed, 1080p at 30fps is an impressive feat for a game with such a huge seamless world

We shouldn't just be happy with 1080p 30fps these are suppose to be next gen machines. 1080p 60fps has been the norm on PC for quite some time and the goal these new consoles were suppose to be achieving but they are falling short, I say "they" but my experiance is from the XB1 camp which is over priced and under powered, plus 6 months on still no decent games.

1080p at 30fps maybe be good but its not good enough IMO, not for these so called next gen consoles.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 17:14

There is no "norm" on PC though Giz. It entirely depends on what rig you've got and that in turn depends on how much cash you spent on it. Admittedly, there is some good value ways of building next gen beating machines out there these days.

We have had good games on X1 - Titanfall being much, much better than just "decent". I rate this as probably the best FPS since CoD 4. There's been loads of other games that have been entertaining enough, BF4, AC4, Forza among a few others but nothing that couldn't have been as good on PC or even nearly as good on PS3/360.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 18:09

What I was getting at is 1080/60 has been achievable on PCs for along time and pretty much a given on just about any new equiviantly priced PC to the XB1 (£400/£450).

Good games yes but nothing exceptionally good, Titanfall is no doubt a good FPS but its lacking in so many areas, customisation, lack of private lobbies, non dynamic maps, zero campaign, what they call campaign is beyond a joke. If you think of it as "a game" what you're actually getting is far less for your money than a COD for example. You can't even rename your classes.

I've seen nothing on "next gen" that couldn't have been done on the 360/PS3 bar the shinier graphics (shinier but not 1080/60 shiney  Laughing ). I like my XB1 but was it worth £429? No. Would I recommend a XB1? No. And we are not even touching on all the issues it has/had. It's OK at best but could have been so much more.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 18:50

Looks alright,but although they say it's the whole USA the map has been scaled down (only takes 90mins to drive from coast to coast). One thing that is putting me off a bit is they are calling it a 'MMO RPG'. I need convincing.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 20:47

totalgizmo wrote:Good games yes but nothing exceptionally good, Titanfall is no doubt a good FPS but its lacking in so many areas, customisation, lack of private lobbies, non dynamic maps, zero campaign, what they call campaign is beyond a joke. If you think of it as "a game" what you're actually getting is far less for your money than a COD for example. You can't even rename your classes.

It depends how you think about value for money. Is it less content than CoD? Certainly, but then so is nearly every game. Is it better value? Infinitely so in my opinion because it's bloody brilliant to play. The features will come but I don't want dynamic maps, nor a campaign and nor any more customization as it will upset the great balance we currently have - I would like private lobbies though.

It you only ever bought games based on content per £ then everyone would be on World of Warcraft and never leave!
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Thu 10 Apr 2014 - 16:44

giz turned into Homer  Very Happy 
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Thu 10 Apr 2014 - 20:38

And is if by magic, private lobbies are here!
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Fri 11 Apr 2014 - 1:22

Reaper FWG wrote:giz turned into Homer  Very Happy 

Smile 
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Fri 11 Apr 2014 - 8:14

nah, you can still understand half of giz's ramblings Razz
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Crazy Mo Fo Fri 11 Apr 2014 - 23:29

Watching this make me think this is what burnout paradise could/should of been.
Sir Crazy Mo Fo
Sir Crazy Mo Fo
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sat 12 Apr 2014 - 1:10

Sir Crazy Mo Fo wrote:Watching this make me think this is what burnout paradise could/should of been.

Thats what I thought when I saw it, it does look very Burnout Paradise.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down