Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destiny - Past level 20 explained

+14
Pagey
ROBAFET
Reaper FWG
N1NJA FWG
FWG Unky Al
Butterbean FWG
HomerRamone2084
Daz190uk
Dongziller
Pais
Toasted Cylon
jollygreenmofo
totalgizmo
slowdog76
18 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Destiny - Past level 20 explained - Page 3 Empty Re: Destiny - Past level 20 explained

Post by totalgizmo Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 10:58

It has to be played co-op single is ok if you're just farming a spawn point but running missions is much better in a group.

Your level will appear not to move but equip a better piece of equipment and it will go up in chunks.

Just had this in an engram

Destiny - Past level 20 explained - Page 3 J33l2AJ

totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Destiny - Past level 20 explained - Page 3 Empty Re: Destiny - Past level 20 explained

Post by totalgizmo Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 11:02

I'm actually enjoying it more now I have purposeful targets to achieve, still a bit grindy but I do a bit here and a bit there to vary it a bit. Started to use different weapons aswell, been using an auto rifle from level 16 as I've found nothing better so started to use a pulse rifle/sniper combo.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 11:16

Homer you need to jump in with us. Mav is lvl 21 and both myself and Chris will hopefully be 20 at some point this weekend. I'm sure we can mix it up a bit to help each of us lvl and soon we can try raiding lol
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 11:30

Yep, finally hit lvl 20 last night so wouldn't mind teaming up to start grinding strikes etc

Still only on Venus as well so I need to get the SP finished off as well.

Last edited by N1NJA FWG on Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 11:34; edited 1 time in total
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 11:33

I'm still only around level 7. Need to give this a proper blast, wanted to get on last night but did not feel too well Sad
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 11:45

I just can't wait for us to be able to start the raid - that's why you out the effort in to get to level 26. Challenging co-op content is great for me, love the sense of achievement.

I'm enjoying crucible a lot too which I didn't expect. Aside from a Titanfall, best small team mp shooter for a while.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 11:52

MP is ok in short spells but I'm sure some people have sussed over powered setups, the times I've emptied my gun into someone only for them to run through all my bullets then melee or shotgun me.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 11:53

MP is ok in short spells but I'm sure some people have sussed over powered setups, the times I've emptied my gun into someone only for them to run through all my bullets then melee or shotgun me.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 16:14

I'll have to stop being an unsocialable sod and start jumping into parties.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 18:21

Just watched a bit of the Vault of Glass raid, it looks epic Very Happy , 6 man team having to work together but defending different sections of an area and thats just stage one Smile . Thier team was made up of a 28, 27, 26, 26, 26, 26 and they did eventually complete it after 13 hrs.

You can watch it here

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Sat 20 Sep 2014 - 19:11

im not spoiling it
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 1:02

You realy need to know what to do to be fair, it's not a case of spoiling it but a case of letting down the team. I thought exactly the same as you before having a a little look. Basically you're not given any clues where to go etc, you have to work it out for yourself what to do and where to go. Even a well prepared team struggled for 13 hours, to be honest I don't see everyone in our "group" triailing and errorring for that length of time so knowing what to do before hand isn't a bad thing. I'm up for a mammoth session if it comes to it but to be fair i'LL BE WATCHING THE REST OF THE VID TO KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT......fUCKING caps lock.

When we are ready to "raid" we need a group leader and then 3 groups of 2 players communicatiing properly, without distractions, its not going to be an easy task to complete the raid.

"If" the xbox group are going to set up a proper raiding group (lets not arse about, if you intend to raid you need to commit the time) I'd suggest either Daz (as he gets things happening) or Reaper/Slowdog as the group leader .........There has to be a group leader who knows what to do and when.....6 people shouting doesn't get the raid completed. Remember raids aren't Strike missions, you can't just muscle your way through. My first choce would be Daz as he's very calm in these situations and has done the same thing with WoW etc, so knows what to expect,,,,, hopefully. Reaper goes a bit Rambo and tries to kill everything himself Hooray , restrain yourself a little and you're group leader choice number one Rock! , please don't take this as a negative Jamie, you're a great Destiny player and group party member to be with but to lead us through a raid you'll have to step back a little and command rather than Rambo it all by yourself.

If "we" are going to complete a raid it will take good communication and the willingness of players taking "orders". Thats why it needs a solid group leader, Daz, Slow, Reaper please, please, please step upto the mark and lead us to victory Smile but watch the video before hand to let the rest of us what to do.Very Happy
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Toasted Cylon Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 7:19

I'm at lvl 25 with a couple of bits of legendary kit, so I can give a raid a go.
Toasted Cylon
Toasted Cylon
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 8:21

daz most definitly would be the preferred choice for raid leader. i fear his availability though. similarly, I think we may still be a week off a couple more people people, daz included, being ready
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 8:54

Ding'd lvl 20 last night so let the grind fest begin Smile I was talking to Andy last night and he was saying that the raid has now been done far far quicker, I think he said just over an hour. So I think watching that video will help to understand what is needed.
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 9:14

Yes the raid length will be shorter now as people learn what to do, a raid without knowing beforehand you'd have to be pretty dedicated, you have to be pretty dedicated to start with just to be ready.

If you have a willing team one way of multiplying your farming time without doing anything is to goto a spawn point and in turn do hour/half hour stints killing the mobs, the ones not doing the killing rubberband thier controllers to stop them going into standby, as long as they dont leave the area all the drops will stay in place. Farming a spawn point is boring as hell and success rates vary.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 12:28

this sounds like a pain in the arse tbh Scratch
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 12:40

spawn point farming is helped considerably with snap tv. i had a farm this morning whilst watching sunday brunch that i would have been watching anyway
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 13:42

Does it not seem a little crazy - doing thon farming bollocks just so you can do a certain level ?

Don't get me wrong - if your amusing yourself doing that then fine - after all that's why you play games right ? Entertainment. Just sounds like its not entertainment to me - be it putting a rubber band on your controller or whatever to make it less of a slog/pita - doing that is an acknowledgement that its tedious.

HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 14:38

HomerRamone2084 wrote:Does it not seem a little crazy - doing thon farming bollocks just so you can do a certain level ?

Don't get me wrong - if your amusing yourself doing that then fine - after all that's why you play games  right ? Entertainment. Just sounds like its not entertainment to me - be it putting a rubber band on your controller or whatever to make it less of a slog/pita - doing that is an acknowledgement that its tedious.

Depends how much of a rush you are in. If you dont mind not accessing the raid for a few weeks or months then farming isnt really necessary as your vanguard points/rank will slowly climb and you can buy legendaries in due course if nothing of interest has dropped.
I do farm but only in short stints and if possible link doing bounties with chest runs and patrol missions so killing many birds with one stone.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Sun 21 Sep 2014 - 15:16

Like Andy pick up bounties and vary your farming spots to mix it up a bit. To be fair all my legendary bar one has come from mission rewards and levelling up the Cryptarch, each level gives you 2 or 3 engrams.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 8:12

https://www.bungie.net/ sign in, click legend on the left had side and check your sadness level Shocked I need to get out more, coming close to 70 hours played Embarassed .
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 8:54

Laughing you have clocked that up quickly Giz

Will have to check and see how long i have clocked but i doubt it will be more than 20 hours
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 9:00

Think I'm less than 10 and with fifa 15 out on Friday not likely to go up to quickly to soon
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 10:46

Just completed my first strike this morning so I am a bit behind with it all but really enjoying it. Like Dong says FIFA 15 comes out on Friday so will mix what little time I have between the both.
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Mon 22 Sep 2014 - 10:59

totalgizmo wrote:https://www.bungie.net/ sign in, click legend on the left had side and check your sadness level Shocked I need to get out more, coming close to 70 hours played Embarassed .

I have done a shade over 8 hours Laughing

Not much compared to you giz

My titan is about half way through level 14 atm and I have just unlocked Venus in the SP.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next