Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft announces many interesting things at GDC 2015

3 posters

Go down

Microsoft announces many interesting things at GDC 2015 Empty Microsoft announces many interesting things at GDC 2015

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 6 Mar 2015 - 1:35

So GDC has kicked off this week and Microsoft has once again come out if the gates swinging, here's a quick rundown of the announcements....

DX12

DX12 was announced awhile back and is heading towards us at around the same time as Win 10 Phil Spencer was on hand to explain what we can expect from it on PC and X1 and it equates simply as a 20% performance boost on PC and a 15% performance boost on X1.

X1 Esram

One of the sticking points of the X1 was Microsofts choice to use older ram with extra Esram rather than go full ddr4 like Sony, for GDC Microsoft announced that Esram will soon become much easier for devs to access giving them an extra performance boost.

Cross-buy

A bit behind Sony on this one MS announced that with the release of Windows 10, apps and games will become cross-buy on ALL platforms (X1, PC, Phones and Tablets)

Cross Platform play

MS is gambling big on this one, announcing that most first party titles will now include cross platform multiplayer as well as announcing that both Elite: Dangerous and Gigantic will both be headed to X1 with cross platform multiplayer

Xbox SDK and unified development

This is the biggie as of today developers have access to the Windows 10 version of the Xbox SDK which now offers a unified environment for all platforms meaning all devices will share one store, one social service and one environment. What this means is devs can easily port to any Windows device in a short time (as an example Phil showed off that #idarb had been ported from X1 to PC in less than 24 hours!)
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Microsoft announces many interesting things at GDC 2015 Empty Re: Microsoft announces many interesting things at GDC 2015

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 6 Mar 2015 - 8:18

Have to say I have no interest in having windows 10 on my boner. (No doubt someone will be along directly asying how awesome this is and how they are really looking forward to it Smile )

Also - being able to get at the ESRAM might get easier- but there's still only a very small amount of it. Suspect this wont help as much as they want you to think !
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Microsoft announces many interesting things at GDC 2015 Empty Re: Microsoft announces many interesting things at GDC 2015

Post by totalgizmo Fri 6 Mar 2015 - 8:36

I can't wait for Win 10 on the boner it's going to be awesome. Wink

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Fri 6 Mar 2015 - 8:40

To be honest I couldn't careless for Win 10, just give me a great console to play awesome "next gen" games on my TV. You can count the games with any amount of next genness on one hand.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 6 Mar 2015 - 16:45

Actually theres a whole range of them listed now:
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Fri 6 Mar 2015 - 16:56

Yeah I saw a load this morning all varing from ~£500 to ~£2000, I had a quick look for the link but cant seem to find it now.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 6 Mar 2015 - 17:59

I did knock up a quick small FF PC loosely based on the i5 alienware thing and it was around £600. This was with an i5-4950, a quiet GTX660 , 8gb of ram and a 1tb HDD - which is possibly better than the AW thing.
Im sure could do it cheaper - these were just first bits I found on amazon so...
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down