Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R* and 2K sale begins Jan 25th!

2 posters

Go down

R* and 2K sale begins Jan 25th! Empty R* and 2K sale begins Jan 25th!

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jan 2011 - 17:06

From January 25 through January 31, enjoy special one-time savings of up to 50 percent on more than 25 pieces of exciting content from Rockstar Games and 2K, including Add-ons for GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, Borderlands, Bioshock 2 and more! For details, please check your Xbox LIVE Dashboard on January 25.

I might well have to pick the RDR DLC up and actually attempt to get into the game Rolling Eyes

I might also have a look at the Bioshock 2 DLC!

Back to top Go down

R* and 2K sale begins Jan 25th! Empty Re: R* and 2K sale begins Jan 25th!

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Thu 20 Jan 2011 - 17:56

i bet undead nightmare has like 2% knocked off Smile
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 20 Jan 2011 - 19:26

If it has a decent enough reduction, pick up the combined DLC pack for RDR as it is well worth it.

If I knew there were enough of us to play Bioshock 2 online I would be tempted by the DLC but despite having a fun and competent MP, it just didn't take off. I still think the pre match lobby set up on Bioshock 2 was one of the most innovative I have seen
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jan 2011 - 19:27

Didn't Bioshock 2 get singleplayer DLC?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jan 2011 - 19:29

Yes it did I want these!

The Protector Trials Pack

Released on August 3, the Protector Trials pack is a single-player downloadable content which has the player defend Little Sisters against swarms of enemies in a variety of challenge rooms. The content contains six maps based on locations from the main game, alongside three difficulty levels, seven Achievements/Trophies, and new concept art and videos to unlock. The pack is available on Xbox 360 for 400 Microsoft Points (£3.40) and PlayStation 3 for $4.99 (£3.19). This downloadable content will be released for free on the PC.

Minerva's Den

Minerva's Den is a downloadable single-player campaign with a plot completely separate from that of the main campaign. The player assumes the role of Subject Sigma, another Alpha Series Big Daddy, as he travels through Minerva's Den, home to Rapture's Central Computing. The campaign adds three new levels (with around four hours of gameplay) and provides deeper insight into Rapture's inner workings.

The story introduces the characters of Charles Milton Porter, who guides the player (with Brigid Tenenbaum), and Reed Wahl, who acts as the antagonist. Porter and Wahl were once partners working on a computer with advanced artificial intelligence dubbed "The Thinker", but Wahl framed Porter for treason and stole the machine. Porter, realizing that he would be taken away and that Rapture was crumbling, left instructions for the machine on how to get to the surface, in order to ensure that his creation would benefit mankind.

Near the end of the campaign it is revealed that the player (Sigma) is Porter, made into a Big Daddy after his imprisonment, and that the voice on the radio that guides the player has in fact been The Thinker impersonating Porter. The Thinker had devised a plan to get itself out of Rapture by leading Sigma to Rapture Central Computing and having him kill Wahl, print out the operating code (to reconstruct the AI on the surface), and escape via the emergency bathysphere.

The add-on also features new weapons, a new plasmid as well as a new Big Daddy type. It was released August 31 for PS3 and Xbox360. It costs $10/ 800 Microsoft Points.Work on the PC version of this downloadable content was resumed on 28 October 2010

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 20 Jan 2011 - 19:30

I must admit, I thought the Bioshock 2 DLC was aimed more at MP so I might give those a look.

Cheers Tom
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jan 2011 - 19:32

I still wih they would expand on the game with DLC that let's you play as the guy who arrives at Rapture looking for his daughter!

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 20 Jan 2011 - 19:34

Yeah, that would have been pretty cool - detective work

I wish they had given you some DLC that allowed you to play as a Big Sister abducting kids to take back to Rapture Suspect
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down