Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dead Space 2 hitting all the right notes!

Go down

Dead Space 2 hitting all the right notes! Empty Dead Space 2 hitting all the right notes!

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 21:58

Hero Isaac Clarke returns for another heart-pounding adventure, taking the fight to the Necromorphs in this thrilling action-horror experience. New tools to gruesomely slice and dismember the Necromorphs complement Isaac's signature Plasma Cutter, empowering him as he meets new characters, explores epic Zero-G environments, and fights against a relentless necromorph onslaught. Survival isn't the only thing on Isaac's mind in Dead Space 2 – this time, he calls the shots.

The game is sitting pretty on a metacritic average of 92 with every review being no lower than 9/10!! Here's what the critics say:

OXM US - 95/100

The nuanced tweaks and countless subtle refinements really ratchet up the atmosphere and make Dead Space 2 a richer, more streamlined experience...There's a sure-footed confidence this time around that gives the ghastly proceedings a level of character investment and polish that Dead Space never quite achieved. [Feb 2011, p.29]

Vandal Online - 92/100

Years have passed since the first game, and Dead Space 2 doesn't surprise us as much as the original did, but it has reinvented itself very well. The main character and its new situation help create interest and surprises, and offer us much more. And, again, it knows how to create that thrilling tension which makes it a great horror game.

OXM UK - 9/10

Unnecessary multiplayer aside, Dead Space 2 is a corker. It's an unpredictable powder-keg of [a] game; even when you get mulched by the Necromorphs it's great to see just how many chunks your corpse has been blown into. [Feb 2011, p.88]

Game Informer - 9/10

A monster of a sequel, offering bigger scares and more excitement than I expected... The tease for Dead Space 3 has my head spinning with questions. [Feb 2011, p.92]

This was going to be a cheap pick up for me but I think it's now a must have....I know opinion was divided on the first game but have you tried the demo? and if so what are your thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Dead Space 2 hitting all the right notes! Empty Re: Dead Space 2 hitting all the right notes!

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 8:19

I tried the demo and thought it was more of the same but in a good way - if you enjoyed the first then you would fail to not enjoy the second. As much as I tried to get into the first and couldnt, I mght just have to try again and then give this a look later down the line.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down