Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAME Announces Pre-order Pre-owneds....

5 posters

Go down

GAME Announces Pre-order Pre-owneds.... Empty GAME Announces Pre-order Pre-owneds....

Post by Guest Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 0:35

GAME is trialling a new scheme which lets customers pre-order pre-owned games.

We were confused as well but don't worry, let's break it down together.

Essentially it works the same way as a normal pre-order service used for any game before it hits the high-street. Except, when you do give Game your name and cash, you're not asking them to send you the first new copy it gets but the first used copy with that knocked-down pre-owned price slapped on it.

That's right, it's a way of making the pre-owned market more efficient, which we're sure publishers around the world will doff their caps to and say, "Well played, chaps."

For the moment, this is only being run on a trial basis although you can currently place pre-orders on pre-owned versions of a number of triple-A titles including Crysis 2, Homefront, Dragon Age II, Shift 2: Unleashed and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 via the GAME website.

The pre-owned versions of these games carry a release date of one week after their new arrival and each is priced at £33.99, which is a saving of £16 over the new RRP.

GAME has, in recent months, offered significant price slashes and trade-in deals on hardware like the 3DS and games such as Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm.

Hmm seems crazy yet not a bad idea at all...I would go for that with certain releases....

Back to top Go down

GAME Announces Pre-order Pre-owneds.... Empty Re: GAME Announces Pre-order Pre-owneds....

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 13:15

I think this is wank tbh, Game are blatantly trying to disuade people from buying new - they obviously make more per game this way but in the day of project 10 dollar etc its a false economy for gamers because by the time they have covered the extra cost to take a game online they may as well have bought new.

I had barely finished paying for my copy of Bulletstorm last week and the girl serving me told me not forget to bring it back for trade in. I just gave her a funny look and walked off Rolling Eyes
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

GAME Announces Pre-order Pre-owneds.... Empty Re: GAME Announces Pre-order Pre-owneds....

Post by Andy Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 13:51

N1NJA FWG wrote:
I had barely finished paying for my copy of Bulletstorm last week and the girl serving me told me not forget to bring it back for trade in. I just gave her a funny look and walked off Rolling Eyes

....while muttering `why is a girl talking to me` Detective

agreed that its total bollocks - dont most folk wait until there is a proper price drop before buying second had, what is the point in buying preowned for a fiver less than rrp when you can shop around and get the same price for new!
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 17:57

N1NJA FWG wrote:I think this is wank tbh, Game are blatantly trying to disuade people from buying new -

i am sure the game publishers will see it this way as well and look at more ways to ensure they get the money
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Sat 5 Mar 2011 - 18:35

going with the "this is wank" feeling. if I plan to buy a game a week after release ill never look for pre owned. ill only ever go for pre owned when its down around the 20 quid mark. be interested to know how much GAME will be giving out for the games that are gonna be sold pre owned for 33 quid.
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Sun 6 Mar 2011 - 11:15

What a load of toss. I would never buy a pre-owned unless it had dropped to around £20 anyway. For any more, may as well shop around to pick up a new copy.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down