Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Commodore relaunches the C64....it'll run Crysis now too :)

+5
Waylander FWG
N1NJA FWG
Pais
feralmatt02
Andy
9 posters

Go down

Commodore relaunches the C64....it'll run Crysis now too :) Empty Commodore relaunches the C64....it'll run Crysis now too :)

Post by Guest Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 16:05

Almost 30 years after its original release, the Commodore 64 is making a comeback as a high-end PC - and it'll run Crysis.

Commodore's announced it's to recreate the 8-bit machine near-perfectly, and boost its original 64 kilobytes of memory up to 2GB of DDR3 (expandable to 4GB), with a 1.8ghz dual-core Intel Atom D525.

The new Commodore 64 can run original 8-bit games through an emulator and is said to be "as close to the original in design as humanly possible", with genuine Cherry brand key switches and the exact same shape keys as the original.

"No expense has been spared" on the new device, the company boasts, and it's set to house a modern mini-ITX PC motherboard and the latest Nvidia Ion2 graphics chipset.

A slot or tray load DVD R/W drive - with optional Blu-ray - is included, along with a multi format card reader/writer and five USB slots.

The new Commodore 64 can deliver 1080p HD quality video playback and 6 Channel High Definition Audio through a television or monitor and incorporates wireless wi-fi for streaming.

In addition to Commodore's own OS, the C64x is described as a fully functional PC and you can install the latest version of Windows if you fancy.

Commodore's already started taking pre-orders for the C64x, priced at $595 (£364), and says the machine will ship between May and June. It's expected to appear in shops later this year

Commodore relaunches the C64....it'll run Crysis now too :) Screenshot_251737

Commodore relaunches the C64....it'll run Crysis now too :) Screenshot_251736

Commodore relaunches the C64....it'll run Crysis now too :) Screenshot_251735

Back to top Go down

Commodore relaunches the C64....it'll run Crysis now too :) Empty Re: Commodore relaunches the C64....it'll run Crysis now too :)

Post by Andy Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 16:09

wont using their own os go against them a wee bit as it would mean not being able to use windows programmes?
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Commodore relaunches the C64....it'll run Crysis now too :) Empty Re: Commodore relaunches the C64....it'll run Crysis now too :)

Post by feralmatt02 Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 17:33

Ah memories Very Happy
I used to love playing barbarian, D&D and Paperboy on this
feralmatt02
feralmatt02

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 18:00

feralmatt02 wrote:Ah memories Very Happy
I used to love playing barbarian, D&D and Paperboy on this

and not forgetting the game where you flied a plane and had to drop bombs on buildings (cant remember the name).

no longer got me C64,but still have my Commadore 16 and speccy 48K and 128k in me dads loft.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 19:18

I think me or Shaun have a C64 lying around somewhere. Cracking machine for the time, I still have memories of pulling my hair out completing Shadow of the Beast Very Happy
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 19:24

I've still got my C16 somewhere, It was all about Dizzy the Egg back in the day Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 7:47

Yep, still have the C64 in a box somewhere, aaah the memories Smile
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 8:19

reckon some of these things should stay a good memory. have found myself in the past buying remakes/ports of old games on xbla, only to feel let down. while part of me would like to play kickstart or saboteur again, the logical side says let them stay good memories.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Fri 8 Apr 2011 - 10:25

This is really odd, was chatting at work about old computers just the other day and one of the questions raised was "what ever happened to commadore?"
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Post by SelectiveRogue Sun 10 Apr 2011 - 17:54

Hang on sec £348 and I will be able to run crysis 2 on full power, with what grpahics lol, Ion 2 ??
SelectiveRogue
SelectiveRogue
1st Wall
1st Wall

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Catatonic Mon 11 Apr 2011 - 19:54

shadow of the beast remember that being a right basterd.i think i was about 8 years old.
god thats a long time ago Scratch good times
FWG Catatonic
FWG Catatonic
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2011 - 19:57

SelectiveRogue wrote:Hang on sec £348 and I will be able to run crysis 2 on full power, with what grpahics lol, Ion 2 ??

£348 it the cheap end machine buddy Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Catatonic Thu 14 Apr 2011 - 19:30

anyone remember flimbo's quest took me bloody ages to remember that one
FWG Catatonic
FWG Catatonic
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG MARKY FWG Fri 15 Apr 2011 - 20:45

would love to have but its a bit pointless!!

Might have to dig my old machine out of the loft. Has around 200 games for it, totally loved Buggy Boy on the ol'64!!
FWG MARKY FWG
FWG MARKY FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down