Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syndicate reboot is official, screenshots inside......

+3
N1NJA FWG
FWG Rigor Mortice
Killswitchmad
7 posters

Go down

Syndicate reboot is official, screenshots inside...... Empty Syndicate reboot is official, screenshots inside......

Post by Killswitchmad Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 9:57

Now both EA and developer Starbreeze Studios have come clean and unveiled one of the worst kept secrets in gaming history. "We are excited to finally reveal what we've been working on the past couple years," said CEO of Starbreeze Studios Mikael Nermark. "It's been a great experience working with EA, and an amazing opportunity for us to use our expertise in the first person shooter and action genres to bring back, and reignite, the signature action/espionage gameplay of Syndicate." "Our goal with Syndicate is to provide a challenging action shooter for today's gamers as well as fans of the original. I'm sure they will enjoy and recognize the legacy that made it such a classic," said EA Partners executive producer Jeff Gamon. "Fans of the franchise will recognize many weapons and environments in the game, but in a whole new way.

The game also provides a separate and deep 4-player co-op mode featuring missions from the original cult classic, which adds another layer of depth to the overall experience."If you had your eyes on CVG yesterday you'll no doubt have seen the slew of Syndicate information that seeped onto the internet.

While all of that is almost certain to be legit, with this announcement in mind, the only details on the game that are actuallyofficial come in the blurb sent out by EA:

Set in 2069, Syndicate takes players into a dark, Machiavellian world run without government oversight with many syndicates vying for total dominance of their local market place.

With no one to question their intentions or actions, three mega corporations - Eurocorp, Cayman Global, and Aspari - are at the forefront of this brutal war for control of the pivotal American market.

In the world of Syndicate, everything is digitally connected, including the people. Players aren't limited to the weapons in their hands. Through DART 6 bio-chip technology implanted in their head, players can slow down time and breach the digital world around them to take down their foes using a variety of upgradable hacking mechanics.

Syndicate's blend of fast-paced, futuristic, action shooter settings and story combined with innovative chip breach gameplay instantly immerses players in a unique digital world.

The remake has been strongly rumoured for what seems like forever now, and last year Starbreeze confirmed that it had canned its other project, based on Jason Bourne, to focus on one game

Screenshots are here:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/318448/eas-syndicate-is-finally-official/
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Syndicate reboot is official, screenshots inside...... Empty Re: Syndicate reboot is official, screenshots inside......

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 10:04

Sounding good, gotta wait till I get home to see the screens though
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Syndicate reboot is official, screenshots inside...... Empty Re: Syndicate reboot is official, screenshots inside......

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 12:06

I need convincing. Syndicate worked as a RTS game with some great squad investment and upgrade mechanics. If this is a generic FPS then it is going to bomb as the people who have heard of Syndicate will not buy into it based on its roots and the name alone probably won't be enough to spark interest in the younger gamers.

I really hope that I am wrong though.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FlukeyHeadshot Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 12:12

It would have to be a Deus Ex trype of FPS for this to work in the least. Just another FPS as stated I just cant see doing well with those with little gaming herritage.

Matt

FlukeyHeadshot
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 12:16

FlukeyHeadshot wrote:It would have to be a Deus Ex trype of FPS for this to work in the least

That could be the problem though - there may not be enough to differentiate it from Deus Ex and people wont really care that its already been in development for 2 years, they will see it as trying to cash in on the back of its success.

When the first Syndicate hit, there was very little else like it and that set it apart - by moving into the most overcrowded and highly competitive genre they are really putting themselves in a tight corner in my opinion
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 16:03

awwww FFS bollocks and lots of other bloody sweaty words. Why the F**K WHY.

They have just ruined this now, i was hoping for a remake / reboot of the original style of game which was fantastic. Instead they go the usual Shooter route.

Absolute bollocks, yes i already said bollocks above but it is bollocks so I'm repeating the word several times.

BOLLOCKs to you EA

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 18:35

Get it off your chest Calum Laughing
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 18:37

Shooting

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 18:41

lol!
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 19:36

Lol, Falvious. Pretty much how I felt when I read the article on EG and i had calmed down before I posted on here earlier
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 20:21

Renowned developer Starbreeze (Darkness, Riddick) has defended its decision to make the new Syndicate game a first-person shooter.

Speaking to OXM, game director Neil McEwan said "time has moved on".

"It was always going to be an FPS," he revealed. "The original nub of the idea was to take that viewpoint from the original game and zoom into the Agent's head, and play that part. A closer experience - to become one of those Agents."

"[Our] game speaks for itself. We've been very lucky to work with a great, original world, and create another facet of it really. I would love [fans of the original] to like it. You're never going to please everyone.

"I don't want people to stop playing the old games," he added, "but time has moved on."

McEwan and team are "big fans" of the original, isometric, tactical 1993 Syndicate game - and are "definitely paying as much homage to it as we can". That homage will manifest through the "essence of the world" and your role as an Agent within it.

"That sounds wanky but it's true," remarked McEwan.

The long-rumoured Stabreeze Syndicate project was officially unveiled yesterday.

Taken from Eurogamer, even better is all the peoples comments at the bottom, found here.I dont think your on your own Calum Laughing
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 20:55

Yeah but what about a Monkey island FPS reboot, details

HERE

Spoiler:

This is almost as bad news as the Point Break reboot unveiled today!
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 22:12

NEXT UP the gamers favourite Populous, a fantastic god game from bullfrog is getting a reboot. The new FPS populous game will win hearts and minds of gamers new and old .......

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Tue 13 Sep 2011 - 22:15

gaming died a little today .........

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down