Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MW3 Street date broken, Activision will ban!

5 posters

Go down

MW3 Street date broken, Activision will ban! Empty MW3 Street date broken, Activision will ban!

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 4 Nov 2011 - 21:52

MW3 Street date broken, Activision will ban! Mw3_620x349

A store breaking street date on highly anticipated titles is not a new thing. It’s happened before, and it will happen again. Just the other day, Kmart broke street on Modern Warfare 3. Joystiq reported finding several copies for sale on ebay, but the availability of said games varied based on how quickly ebay was able to take the sale down. There are probably more than a few people who picked up a copy of MW3 and didn’t try to sell it, and those people might be out of luck if Activision and Microsoft find out.

Though there was originally word from Stephen Toulouse, XBL’s director of policy and enforcement, that retail copies, even if they were bought pre-street date, would be fine to play on Xbox Live. Of course, just a few hours later, Toulouse recanted that statement after he checked with Activision. Pre-release Modern Warfare 3 play is not okay, according to the tweet, and players found online with the game early face the chance that their account could be impacted. The penalty could be a light banning from the game and/or Xbox Live, and for diehards that should be reason enough to wait until Monday at midnight to get their Call of Duty on
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

MW3 Street date broken, Activision will ban! Empty Re: MW3 Street date broken, Activision will ban!

Post by Andy Fri 4 Nov 2011 - 22:53

Hardly the fault of the player if a shop sells it
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

MW3 Street date broken, Activision will ban! Empty Re: MW3 Street date broken, Activision will ban!

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 4 Nov 2011 - 23:01

Totally agree mate, just Activision thinking "Ah if we ban them they have to go buy the game again....more money!!"....idiots....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doenutts Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 17:00

Ok i just got MW3 not even an hour ago (Its now 16.55 Sat Nov 5TH)
It set me back a cool £55 then i hear that if i play i may get banned even in campaign mode as the achievements are time stamped....
So if i play off line (Unplug the whole xbox from the net) tonight can i delete my achievements therefore activision and MS are none the wiser?
Or should i leave it here taunting me for the next 3 days while i play Battlefield???????

Doenutts
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 17:07

One of the guys on twitter said no one will be banned if its a legitimate copy

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 17:08

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 18:36

Yeah the banning statement has now been retracted
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FlukeyHeadshot Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 20:04

I think its out of order, how can I be punished for a retailer breaking the street date. Makes no sense to me. Although its probably done the job because if I got it I wouldn't play it.

Matt

FlukeyHeadshot
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 20:31

although it is out of order activision may well just be covering their arse as there could well be some serious exploits that get a day one patch which wont be live till monday....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down