Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syndicate will NOT include an online pass!

2 posters

Go down

Syndicate will NOT include an online pass! Empty Syndicate will NOT include an online pass!

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 12:21

Electronic Arts' upcoming Syndicate won't include an Online Pass despite containing substantial online multiplayer content, the game's developer has revealed. Speaking to Eurogamer, executive producer Jeff Gamon explained that the title's multiplayer mode was given “equal billing” with the single-player campaign, rather than restricted access: “We want as little resistance or barriers to entry as possible.”

While Online Passes are standard-issue for Electronic Arts-built games, the title's development occupies a grey area between internal and outsourced. While coding of the EA-owned IP was overseen by EA Partners, indie studio Starbreeze managed to convince the publisher to bend the rules, Gamon says, “because it didn't have competitive multiplayer and because we wanted as many people as possible to be playing co-op.”

Gamon's hope is that the strategy – together with a decent helping of content – will be rewarded with a high user-retention rate. He estimates that players should take “a good six, seven hours” to see all the game's co-op, with the game containing what he sees as a high replay value: “to progress your character and upgrade a few weapons is a heap of content.”

The game releases Feb 21. We're not going to come right out and suggest you reward EA/Starbreeze's risk by keeping your copy until the day you're buried with it, but we're certainly not going to advise against it either.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Syndicate will NOT include an online pass! Empty Re: Syndicate will NOT include an online pass!

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 13:07

Nice move, Crytek did the same with Crysis 2 and I wonder how much harm it did total sales? I wonder if they will be planning a fair amount of DLC for it in order to snag income from people who buy preowned copies.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Syndicate will NOT include an online pass! Empty Re: Syndicate will NOT include an online pass!

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 13:17

I would expect so, Have you given the demo a whirl yet mate? As a fan of the original you'll appreciate it Wink the demo level is a reimagining of the first level Very Happy
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 2 Feb 2012 - 13:29

i have set it to download mate but that was late on Tuesday night and my Xbox hasnt been on since. Will try and get it downloaded later as I fancy giving it a go - still need to try the Darkness 2 as well Slap
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down