Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GAME to slash a further 50% off pre-owned from monday?

+7
FWG MARKY FWG
Waylander FWG
FWG Rigor Mortice
N1NJA FWG
Duke
MAVERiCK FWG
Killswitchmad
11 posters

Go down

GAME to slash a further 50% off pre-owned from monday? Empty GAME to slash a further 50% off pre-owned from monday?

Post by Killswitchmad Sat 10 Mar 2012 - 16:29

If you thought some of the deals struggling retail giant GAME has been offering this week were great value, there are apparently still more to come as the company will slash prices further on Monday as it attempts to stave off the prospect of administration.

BeefJack has learned that GAME and Gamestation store managers are advising customers of even more substantial price reductions ‘early next week’.

The manager of a GAME town centre outlet in Lancashire told a BeefJack reporter that, in fact, the “actual” sale will not begin until Monday.

If the reporter could not make it back then, the manager was happy to offer him 50 percent off pre-owned titles as he believed that was the core reduction of the sale, but said that it would be better to return on the Monday as there would be a whole range of deals.

The manager of the Gamestation branch in the same town centre confirmed that he believed the main sale was due to begin “early next week” but admitted that confusion was rampant: “they [GAME central offices] keep changing what is going to happen”.

The same manager later appeared to confirm the figure of 50 percent off pre-owned. As the managers were speaking to on a consumer level rather than to known journalists, their identities have been protected.

Reductions in prices began with pre-owned stock both in store and online earlier this week, but have expanded to include new games and hardware – yesterday the GAME website briefly sold the 320GB PS3 Assassin’s Creed: Revelations bundle for £99, a ridiculously low figure for a new console. Unsurprisingly, it sold out nearly instantly.

We’ll keep you updated the moment we hear more on both sale reductions and the financial state of GAME group.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

GAME to slash a further 50% off pre-owned from monday? Empty Re: GAME to slash a further 50% off pre-owned from monday?

Post by MAVERiCK FWG Sat 10 Mar 2012 - 17:21

This is the beginning of the end it seems........
MAVERiCK FWG
MAVERiCK FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

GAME to slash a further 50% off pre-owned from monday? Empty Re: GAME to slash a further 50% off pre-owned from monday?

Post by Duke Sat 10 Mar 2012 - 19:31

Popped in today to see the state of the "sale" - Looking to pick up Arkham asylum I was disapointed to find prices still compareable to CEX and others. If this is the case i might make effort to have a look on monday.

Also a £99 ps3 might be an option
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 9:51

Looks like another trip into Solihull on Monday then Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 11:33

It seems they have also started putting new online passes or 1200 points in some pre-owned titles Razz
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 18:22

Best grab my voucher and get in there then
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 18:29

If it is gong cheap enough, I implore everyone to try and pick up Bioshock 2 - I gave the MP a quick go again this afternoon and forgot how much fun it can be.

Up to 10 players and can be played in private - would be good to get a few of us on it Very Happy
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 18:35

Good call chris. I gotta send the wife in tomorrow. On my lie so far then
La noire
Left for dead 2
Bioshock 2

Anything worth keeping an eye out for?
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 18:59

Just added Deus Ex to my list too
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 19:40

I went in Friday and picked up a few games including MW3 pre owned for £23. Will go back in tomorrow for another look Smile
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sun 11 Mar 2012 - 19:42

Reviews are very mixed for it but myself and Shaun picked up Brink for £3 a copy and that has up to 8 player co-op. I got LA Noire for just under £8 the other day and it had an unredeemed DLC code too which was a pleasant bonus Smile

I really enjoyed Deus Ex so if you can get that under a tenner you will be bagging a real bargain

I think L4D2 was still around £15 preowned when I was in there on Friday so hopefully that gets slashed in price as it is superb
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG MARKY FWG Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 6:02

I noticed some great deals in game on Saturday but as said above it was mainly pre owned. Will be having a look today.
FWG MARKY FWG
FWG MARKY FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 8:38

Current preowned prices online that are worth a punt if you havent already got these games:

Gears of War 3 - £12.98
Battlefield 3 - £19.98 (may need an online pass though)
Arkham City - £19.98
Bioshock 2 - £4.98 Wink
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 11:49

Anyone been into a bricks and mortar store yet? Online doesn't seem to have changed from weekend
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 11:59

will be heading there in about an hour or so, so will see what goodies i can get hold of
bal
bal

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 12:44

Just popped in to Solihull and it doesnt really look like anything has changed - it all looks much like it was on Friday
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 13:18

Well that was a mighty good GAME raping session. Picked up
LA Noire
Deus Ex
Bioshock 2
H.A.W.X
Brutal Legend
Space Marine

For the grand total of £35 minus my £15 voucher
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 13:40

been in game today and it was picked fairly dry although i did get a few titles. gamestation have the same sale on their preowned games too.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Simondo Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 14:11

Been in Game today only 2 staff in the whole shop, everything on sale even new stuff, staff looked miserable and worried. Same in Gamestation
Simondo
Simondo
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

https://www.facebook.com/simon.bell

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 14:28

picked up bioshock 2 on chris's advice for a fiver but other than that game looked pretty empty and the discounts werent as good as i thought they would be
bal
bal

Back to top Go down

Post by Evosean Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 15:06

Simondo wrote:Been in Game today only 2 staff in the whole shop, everything on sale even new stuff, staff looked miserable and worried. Same in Gamestation

I know the manager in the st Helen's game and he's a miserable twat anyway lol..
Evosean
Evosean
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 17:48

Popped into Game and Gamestation in the middle of Brum today and the prices werent any different, Game had almost next to no stock.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 18:45

bal wrote:picked up bioshock 2 on chris's advice for a fiver

Nice one mate, the SP is decent on it and the MP is under rated in my opinion. Will have to get online with it soon Very Happy

Rigor, sounds like you have had a very productive spree Hooray < < my daughter just told me to use this smiley lol
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 19:27

You'll love Brutal Legend Rigor Very Happy

The latest on the GAME situation is that the GAME group PLC are looking to sell GAME but keep Gamestation and Gameplay
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Simondo Mon 12 Mar 2012 - 22:12

Evosean wrote:
Simondo wrote:Been in Game today only 2 staff in the whole shop, everything on sale even new stuff, staff looked miserable and worried. Same in Gamestation

I know the manager in the st Helen's game and he's a miserable twat anyway lol..

Yeh i know, when it first opened the manager was brilliant, used to give people deals and offers regularly to bring in the custom since he left its slowly just turned into a more what my friend phil calls grunge version of Game.
Simondo
Simondo
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

https://www.facebook.com/simon.bell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down