Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game officially in administration

+3
falviousuk
N1NJA FWG
Simondo
7 posters

Go down

Game officially in administration Empty Game officially in administration

Post by Simondo Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 14:02

Dear GAME customers,

Here’s some important news about us. GAME Group plc (the parent company of GAME in the UK) is now in administration. We want you to know that the Administrators aim at this time is to continue trading while they seek to find a new owner for the business.

In the meantime, we’ve had to make some changes. We’ve summarised them below. Some of them are temporary, some are permanent.

1.Online Sales: We expect some disruption to our online services over the next few days while we make some changes. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

2.Refunds and Exchanges: Until further notice, we will not be able to offer refunds or exchanges for products purchased either before the administration or for products purchased from the date of the administration.

3.Pre-Orders: No new pre-orders can be taken until further notice. No refunds can be given for any pre-order deposits which have been paid. We are reviewing this over the next week.

4.GAME Reward card: We have had to suspended use of GAME Reward Cards. This means that points can be earned but NOT redeemed until further notice.

5.Gift cards: We have also had to suspend GAME gift cards. The value on these cards cannot be redeemed. If this changes, we will let you know. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

6.GAMEWallet: the value stored in GAMEwallet accounts will be suspended until further notice following the appointment of administrators.

7.Pre-owned Software: You can still buy pre owned products at great prices in your local store or online. If you trade in a pre-owned software item then you will still be able to accrue reward points and use your trade in to exchange for another item. You will not be able to trade in pre-owned software for cash. If this changes, we will let you know. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

8.Pre-owned Hardware: We have had to suspend trade in for pre-owned hardware at this time. If this changes, we will let you know. We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

9.Click and Collect titles: We have had to suspend this service. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes.

MJA Jervis and SD Maddison have been appointed as Joint Administrators of The GAME Group plc, Game Stores Group Limited, Gameplay (GB) Limited, Game (Stores) Limited, Games Station Limited, Game (Retail) Limited and Gamestation Limited on 26 March 2012 to manage their affairs, business and property as their agents and without personal liability. MJA Jervis and SD Maddison are licensed in the United Kingdom to act as insolvency practitioners by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.

If you have any questions please feel free to email us at: customerservices@game.co.uk
Simondo
Simondo
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

https://www.facebook.com/simon.bell

Back to top Go down

Game officially in administration Empty Re: Game officially in administration

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 18:26

About 2000 people have been put out of work today I believe - its the shop floor staff that I feel for in this and for the customers that won't be getting their pre order deposits back

I find it utterly shocking that the store near where I work were actively pushing people to put deposits down on preorders (including myself when I visited), now while the regular staff were most likely being told to try and sell preorders, surely the store managers would have known the potential ramifications for customers in the event of liquidation. If they wish to continue trading and want to retain any kind of goodwill with their customers, they will ensure none of them are left out of pocket.

Unfortunately though, this is unlikely to happen as PWC are calling the shots and in the eyes of the law they don't need to do anything to refund or honour these deposits Rolling Eyes
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Simondo Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 18:30

the upper staff should have been sacked first

was also some trouble in my local branch over the pre order thing
Simondo
Simondo
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 18:32

not just the pre-order money, what about those gift cards that people may have bought for birthdays etc. Shocking

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 18:35

True Falvious, although with this being on the cards for some weeks now you would hope most people have managed to get into store and used any credit up that they had!
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG MARKY FWG Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 18:40

The Gamestation in Leeds has been shut. A note on the door says this store is closed until further notice.

From what I could see it looks like nothing was happening in store.
FWG MARKY FWG
FWG MARKY FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 18:42

On 5 Live this evening they had a young lad on who had lost his job at a store in Portsmouth today and he said the store was shut but he had a couple of days work left as they have to box up the stock on site - guess that will all be redistributed to other stores etc.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 18:45

I was in gamestation and Game today, nothing decent on the prices so far. We one of each in our local shopping centre

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki FWG Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 18:52

Where I live there is two Games stores and you could literally throw a stone and it would hit the other one lol.
Nikki FWG
Nikki FWG
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 19:01

I'm sorry for the guys that lost the jobs but to be honest i cant see how it will continue or who would want to buy it. New games are nearly always cheaper through other stores e.g. shopto and used games are frequently £5-£10 cheaper on ebay.

The whole business model seems to have been built on targeting ignorant parents buying stuff for the kids and unfortunately now the we having the a generation of internet savy parents who have grown up gaming and know their true value
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by X DRAGONBACK X Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 19:13

there website does not look to clever
http://www.game.co.uk
X DRAGONBACK X
X DRAGONBACK X
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 8:48

You get the message on Gamestations website as well. Its a shame that the GS name is likely to go - they should go back to the Electronics Boutique name they used to use as a lot of gamers remember that name quite fondly!

The problem between high street and online is a big one for them but Game did themselves no favours by selling preowned games for a pound or 2 less than new copies - that kind of cynical cashing in has not done them any favours in the long term

Also, whats the one thing missing from Game compared to a couple of years ago? Consoles in shop that you could play on and try new games - even Toys R Us still do this (I had a quick blast on FM4 on saturday while my wife and daughter were having a browse lol)

Instead now, in my local Game you get wall of 'tickets' that sell the hardware which is utter rubbish Neutral
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 9:00

One of the things that has always annoyed me is the mark up they stick on used games. They will give you £6 credit for a game and then charge £12 for it, a 100% markup.

I reckon half the problem with game is due to the mountains of unsellable used games they have accepted at trade in
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Simondo Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 10:18

EB used to reject games they knew were unsellable, remember this was the case with the dreamcasts chu chu rocket, Old Fifa games, NHL, Tinger woods etc xD
Simondo
Simondo
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by X DRAGONBACK X Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 14:59

went to sheffield other month meadow hall centre there was 8 game shops what a waste of money 8 tho over 2 levels why
X DRAGONBACK X
X DRAGONBACK X
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down