Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Ridge Racer Unbounded reviews roll in, Have Bugbear lived up to the Flatout heritage?

4 posters

Go down

First Ridge Racer Unbounded reviews roll in, Have Bugbear lived up to the Flatout heritage? Empty First Ridge Racer Unbounded reviews roll in, Have Bugbear lived up to the Flatout heritage?

Post by Killswitchmad Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 23:37

Edge Magazine

Mar 27, 2012

9/10

The action-racing genre has delivered numerous treats this generation, but not one of them has been as rewarding and relentlessly entertaining, nor as feature-packed, as this. This is Ridge Racer unbounded from the shackles of its heritage, rebuilt from the ground up into one of the most subversive, sublime street-racing games ever made.

XGN

Mar 27, 2012

Ridger Racer is back and manages to impress with some great gameplay and a brilliant soundtrack. The City Creator is bigger then ever, yet is only at its best when you've finished the game. The tons of new possibilities are great but they make the game a bit cluttered, giving you the feeling that you aren't accomplishing much. The multiplayer has also been expanded and will keep you entertained for many hours to come.

MondoXbox

Mar 27, 2012

Ridge Racer Unbounbed departs from the series' classical style, offering us a grittier, urban and destructive world, with very satisfying gameplay and good variety even without introducing great innovations to the genre. If you love arcade racing games and maybe you look back with nostalgia at series like PGR, you won't be disappointed. A good new starting point that deserves to be expanded further.

Multiplayer.it

Mar 27, 2012

More a spin-off than a reboot, Bugbear destructive racing introduces an innovative track editor, and great fun... but no real Ridge Racer feeling.

Got to be honest, after seeing it at last years EG Expo and hearing how poor Chris found it played I had no real expectation that this would turn out well but it seems those delays have given Bugbear the time to craft a racing game worthy of their racing pedigree!
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

First Ridge Racer Unbounded reviews roll in, Have Bugbear lived up to the Flatout heritage? Empty Re: First Ridge Racer Unbounded reviews roll in, Have Bugbear lived up to the Flatout heritage?

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 8:49

Sounds like a bit of a turn around as I thought this was pretty poor last year. Might give it a look on rental
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

First Ridge Racer Unbounded reviews roll in, Have Bugbear lived up to the Flatout heritage? Empty Re: First Ridge Racer Unbounded reviews roll in, Have Bugbear lived up to the Flatout heritage?

Post by rowdyrandypiper Wed 28 Mar 2012 - 18:49

i have played this game and to be brutally honest it aint for me i just didnt like the game atall my little boy has also played it and he said it was rubbish too lol i will be bringing pre release videos to my youtube channel resident evil was the first and theres plenty more to come please sub and watch ma vids www.youtube.com/pallett79

rowdyrandypiper
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 10:35

This has been on my LoveFilm list for a while and has just been despatched
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 29 Mar 2012 - 12:05

The reviews have begun to get more "mixed" many seem to explain that it's difficult to wrap your head around a racing game where you don't need to avoid the walls
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 17:16

I just read the Eurogamer review on this and it goes a long, long way to explain why some reviewers and gamers are really hating this.....it all comes down to one button Laughing

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-27-ridge-racer-unbounded-review
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 4 Apr 2012 - 19:02

I suspect that same button may be the reason I didnt like it Laughing

I might have to give it a try in time then after all Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 5 Apr 2012 - 16:59

Got a copy in the post today Very Happy

I can understand why some hate it but so far it's very evident that this is from the same studio as Flatout, It feels much like an evolution of Ultimate Carnage albiet with slightly more rigid handling.

From what I can tell if your a fan of Flatout (and it's punishing difficulty) and can get to grips with the drift mechanic (A little practice is required, thankfully theres an early event that helps with that) then you'll love this.

Also of note is that the track editor is nothing short of awesome, allowing you to craft not only tracks to incredible detail but even a whole series of events within those tracks.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down