Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nvidia Shield. sweeeeeeet.

2 posters

Go down

Nvidia Shield. sweeeeeeet. Empty Nvidia Shield. sweeeeeeet.

Post by Pais Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 18:47

Was watching a vid of Lemmy at CES and the following vid popped up at the end.

Watch the vid for all details. All i can say is 'I want one'.

Last edited by N1NJA FWG on Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 19:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed vid link)

Pais

Back to top Go down

Nvidia Shield. sweeeeeeet. Empty Re: Nvidia Shield. sweeeeeeet.

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 20:59

I like the look of this and it has a lot of potential. The fact that any kepler based Nvidia graphics card is compatible means that something as affordable as a £100 650 GTX will be sufficient to use this with Steam....
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 16:36

N1NJA FWG wrote:I like the look of this and it has a lot of potential. The fact that any kepler based Nvidia graphics card is compatible means that something as affordable as a £100 650 GTX will be sufficient to use this with Steam....

Dont think you'll need the 'GTX',could be wrong. Got this from 'ITProPortal'-For me, the killer feature on Shield is its ability to play PC games remotely. So, if you have a high-end gaming PC, you can pair Shield with it and play the game in your hand while it’s being executed on the PC. Essentially you’re creating a localised cloud gaming infrastructure in your own home.
You’re probably worrying about the input lag implications of such a model, but I was surprised at just how responsive the system is. I played Need For Speed Most Wanted and I wouldn’t have guessed that I wasn’t playing a locally executed game. And don’t forget that assuming your PC is up to the task, you’ll be playing a version of the game that looks way better than any console version....Oh, and let’s not forget that when you’re playing those PC games on or through Shield, you’ll be logged into your Steam account, so all of the best social and multi-play aspects of gaming will be at your fingertips too.

Read full article here

The more i read,the more i want.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 19:30

True about the model mate - as long it is Kepler based as that has the necessary encoder built into it. I used it as an example though of a good price to performance model that can run most games pretty well Smile

This does sound pretty exciting though - I would use my PC more as it means I could play in the living room and not in the bedroom next to my daughters - I have less chance of waking her when I rage lol
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum