Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The next Xbox.....

+8
Duke
Dongziller
FWG Big T
Pagey
N1NJA FWG
bal
Killswitchmad
Waylander FWG
12 posters

Go down

The next Xbox..... Empty The next Xbox.....

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 21:20

Microsoft’s next console will require an Internet connection in order to function, ruling out a second-hand game market for the platform. A new iteration of Xbox Live will be an integral part of Microsoft’s next console, while improved Kinect hardware will also ship alongside the unit.

Sources with first-hand experience of Microsoft’s next generation console have told us that although the next Xbox will be absolutely committed to online functionality, games will still be made available to purchase in physical form. Next Xbox games will be manufactured on 50GB-capacity Blu-ray discs, Microsoft having conceded defeat to Sony following its ill-fated backing of the HD-DVD format. It is believed that games purchased on disc will ship with activation codes, and will have no value beyond the initial user.

Our source has also confirmed that the next Xbox’s recently rumoured specs are entirely accurate. That means an AMD eight-core x64 1.6GHz CPU, a D3D11.x 800MHz graphics solution and 8GB of DDR3 RAM. As of now, the console’s hard drive capacity is said to be undecided, but Microsoft’s extended commitment to online delivery suggests that it will be the largest unit it has put inside a console to date.

Though the architectures of the next-gen Xbox and PlayStation both resemble that of PCs, several development sources have told us that Sony’s solution is preferable when it comes to leveraging power. Studios working with the next-gen Xbox are currently being forced to work with only approved development libraries, while Sony is encouraging coders to get closer to the metal of its box. Furthermore, the operating system overhead of Microsoft’s next console is more oppressive than Sony’s equivalent, giving the PlayStation-badged unit another advantage.

Unlike Nintendo, Microsoft is continuing to invest heavily in motion-control interfaces, and a new, more reliably responsive Kinect will also ship alongside the next Xbox. Sony’s next-generation console camera system is said to have a similar set of features, and is expected to be discussed at the company’s PlayStation event on February 20.

Article from www.edge-online.com, article can be found here

Very interesting if true, I'm sure lots of rumours and speculation will come out over the next few weeks
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The next Xbox..... Empty Re: The next Xbox.....

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 21:32

PS4 for me if true as I still buy quite alot of used games....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 21:53

Anything but the xbox for me
bal
bal

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 21:54

Won't buy any console that blocks pre owneds. I will drop to PC and pick up games dirt cheap in Steam sales and make do with that
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 22:03

I'm glad I have my PC then, I won't buy an Xbox to pay £50 for games I can't trade in if I'm bored of them.
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 22:06

N1NJA FWG wrote:Won't buy any console that blocks pre owneds. I will drop to PC and pick up games dirt cheap in Steam sales and make do with that

I really want to go to PC but I just can't be bothered with the rigmarol of upgrading every 6-12 months and setting up all the peripherals....I like the convinence of having a console I guess....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Big T Wed 6 Feb 2013 - 22:22

would go to PC but neer really tried it and wouldnt know where to start to be honest for hardware
FWG Big T
FWG Big T
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Thu 7 Feb 2013 - 13:20

Seen this yesterday. If true its pc all the way for me
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Thu 7 Feb 2013 - 13:30

I suppose its also going to stop piracy as well
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Thu 7 Feb 2013 - 13:34

With the recent lawsuits about selling pre-owned digital copies of games can they get away with this?

If true back to playstation for me!
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Thu 7 Feb 2013 - 18:07

I wont go Xbox if true. Selling old games is normally the only way i can get new releases.

Still undecided about the 'PS4'. Speaking to the IT bloke at work and he reckons that by the time both consoles are out you'll be able to build a more powerful PC for the same price or less. Atm going PC is very tempting.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Thu 7 Feb 2013 - 18:20

By the way things are going it looks like we might be a PC clan at this rate Laughing
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 7 Feb 2013 - 19:55

Pais wrote:Still undecided about the 'PS4'. Speaking to the IT bloke at work and he reckons that by the time both consoles are out you'll be able to build a more powerful PC for the same price or less. Atm going PC is very tempting.

I dont know about that. According to this article on EG, rumour has it that Sony are looking to hit a $400 price on the PS4 and while we tend to get hosed on conversion prices, it definitely suggests that the opening cost will be a fair bit lower than the £425 rrp for the PS3 on launch

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-02-07-sony-aiming-at-USD400-for-playstation-4-report

I know we complain of getting the $ & £ signs swapped on things but our prices carry VAT when quoted whereas USA figures are pre tax as rates differ from state to state.

The Wii U launched for £300 recently so in comparison, the PS4 could be extremely well priced - if true then it could force M$ to ensure their launch price is suitably competitive.

On the subject of blocking preowneds, I am still not 100% sure it will happen - the rental market is a reasonable income stream for publishers as the likes of Lovefilm have to pay per rental I believe - if a disc is locked to a single console/profile then it will not only completely decimate the rental market but most likely turn a lot of people away from the new Xbox and into the arms of Sony, Nintendo, Steam etc. so it could be too risky.

Unless of course both Sony AND Microsoft decide to go the same route......ooooh consipracy theories Very Happy
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Thu 7 Feb 2013 - 22:06

I don't tend to buy many pre-owned games, just wait for price drops, but this whole notion of no second hand market doesn't sit right with me.

It's a whole industry within itself, which could certainly put the likes of Game out of business (again)

Although I don't tend to buy pre-owned, I certainly get rid of my games to raise money to buy other games.

I seriously can't imagine that only M$ are considering this, it will either be both of them or neither of them in my opinion.

I am still erring towards PS4 or PC next gen though, M$ are going to have to really impress me as I won't be in a position financially to buy both this time around.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterbean FWG Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 0:28

NightHaze FWG wrote:I suppose its also going to stop piracy as well
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT IT WILL SHIPMATE
Butterbean FWG
Butterbean FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterbean FWG Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 0:29

you need to take a look at this months 360 mag it says the rumors of the pre owned shit is just that shit i will root it out and lump it on here tomoz.
Butterbean FWG
Butterbean FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 16:31

Wasnt it said that games would be locked on the 'PS4' first? Pretty sure its in one of the threads around here. CBA to look atm Very Happy

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Fri 8 Feb 2013 - 17:16

Butterbean FWG wrote:you need to take a look at this months 360 mag it says the rumors of the pre owned shit is just that shit i will root it out and lump it on here tomoz.

Found it mate.

'Take all this with a pinch of salt, as ever. From where we're sitting, walling-out pre-owned and insisting on a broadband connection would be madness - broadband penetration isn't nearly comprehensive enough to justify such a move, and 'requiring' consumers to do anything is a fine way to ensure they take their custom elsewhere..........'These consoles are going to be sat next to each other in stores, next to each other in extremely expensive TV spots, and jockeying for any possible advantage in a marketplace that will still be marked by austerity.
'The next Xbox needs to be amazing, and affordable, and something that you want to love and hold possibly forever - the ultimate living-room device from which all entertainment springs.
'To do that, it needs to appeal to absolutely everybody - gamers in the first instance, but kids and grandparents as well.
'And always-online and no second-hand would be poison to that.'

Amen to that.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by feralmatt02 Sun 10 Feb 2013 - 9:42

Hmm leaves food for thought on what to pick up and interesting to see what people's choices are. What ever happens I won't be buying on release! Think I'll sit back for a bit and to see who emerges out front in the race.
feralmatt02
feralmatt02

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Mon 11 Feb 2013 - 9:28

ill buy both and get rid of the shitter one
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down