major nelson is a tease (some good news tho)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

major nelson is a tease (some good news tho)

Post by slowdog76 on Thu 8 Aug 2013 - 15:59




great about the headset
avatar
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Posts : 1207
Join date : 2012-08-27
Age : 40
Location : lytham st annes....nr blackpool

Back to top Go down

Re: major nelson is a tease (some good news tho)

Post by N1NJA FWG on Thu 8 Aug 2013 - 17:08

Haven't watched the unboxing but will try later when I get home from work but it is a good piece of news about the headset. Packing a HDMI cable in as well is a nice touch but trying to sell it off as a 4k HDMI is a bit cheeky - pretty much any HDMI cable available is 4k ready.

I also think sticking the DVR function of the console behind the paywall that is Gold is a mistake though.....

_________________
Reaper FWG wrote:THE APOCOALYPS IS HERE!!!!!


avatar
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Posts : 12709
Join date : 2010-06-08
Age : 42
Location : Birmingham

Back to top Go down

Re: major nelson is a tease (some good news tho)

Post by Killswitchmad on Thu 8 Aug 2013 - 17:18

I quite like the headset it looks pretty solid and moving the controls down to the controller is a great idea.

Major Nelson also posted some pics of the headset

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=0fbee6d29648a195&id=FBEE6D29648A195%21745&authkey=!APmdaIy6yxIOBXg#cid=0FBEE6D29648A195&id=FBEE6D29648A195%21539&v=3&authkey=%21APmdaIy6yxIOBXg
avatar
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Posts : 3546
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 31
Location : Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: major nelson is a tease (some good news tho)

Post by Pais on Thu 8 Aug 2013 - 18:15

Killswitchmad wrote:I quite like the headset it looks pretty solid and moving the controls down to the controller is a great idea.

Major Nelson also posted some pics of the headset

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=0fbee6d29648a195&id=FBEE6D29648A195%21745&authkey=!APmdaIy6yxIOBXg#cid=0FBEE6D29648A195&id=FBEE6D29648A195%21539&v=3&authkey=%21APmdaIy6yxIOBXg
The controls were always there originally,then some fuckwit moved them.

Pais
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 2998
Join date : 2010-10-24
Age : 39
Location : Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: major nelson is a tease (some good news tho)

Post by Pagey on Thu 8 Aug 2013 - 20:34

Nice to see they included the headset and the HDMI cable is a nice touch Smile
avatar
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Posts : 2793
Join date : 2012-03-18
Age : 36
Location : Leicester

Back to top Go down

Re: major nelson is a tease (some good news tho)

Post by falviousuk on Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 1:59

I dont think every hdmi cable is 4k ready.

I had to buy a decent quality hdmi cable when i got my 3d samsung tv and bluray player. The hdmi cables i had wouldnt work. Had to go out and buy one that was rated for 3d use. I suspect that this is the same for 4K

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

Posts : 397
Join date : 2011-07-28
Age : 48

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Re: major nelson is a tease (some good news tho)

Post by Killswitchmad on Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 8:52

falviousuk wrote:I dont think every hdmi cable is 4k ready.

I had to buy a decent quality hdmi cable when i got my 3d samsung tv and bluray player. The hdmi cables i had wouldnt work. Had to go out and buy one that was rated for 3d use. I suspect that this is the same for 4K
That's quite suspect mate as any HDMI cable under 5 meters will carry HD, 3D and 4k without any issue at all, infact even HDMI 1.1 cables will manage it.

HDMI is an odd area, there are so many myths around it but in reality any cable 5 meters or less will produce exactly the same quality every time, when the distance increases to more than 5 meters you start to get a little degredation which is where a solid built cable will improve things, the only rule I keep in my is simple, the heavier the cable the better the build quality...
avatar
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Posts : 3546
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 31
Location : Suffolk

Back to top Go down

Re: major nelson is a tease (some good news tho)

Post by N1NJA FWG on Fri 9 Aug 2013 - 9:01

Might have been unlucky mate.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-33199_7-57592539-221/4k-hdmi-cables-are-nonsense/

http://www.techradar.com/news/video/why-you-don-t-need-to-spend-more-than-2-on-an-hdmi-cable-1071343

_________________
Reaper FWG wrote:THE APOCOALYPS IS HERE!!!!!


avatar
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Posts : 12709
Join date : 2010-06-08
Age : 42
Location : Birmingham

Back to top Go down

Re: major nelson is a tease (some good news tho)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum