Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kotick loses it...again....wants you to pay for cut-scenes.......

3 posters

Go down

Kotick loses it...again....wants you to pay for cut-scenes....... Empty Kotick loses it...again....wants you to pay for cut-scenes.......

Post by Guest Mon 20 Sep 2010 - 19:30

Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick has revealed that he's keen on packaging in-game cut-scenes into a single linear narrative - and selling it to fans as a separate $30 movie.

The idea first popped into Kotick's head when he saw the quality of cut-scenes in Blizzard's StarCraft II.

"If we were to take that hour, or hour an a half, and take it out of the game and we were to go to our audiences, who we have their credit card information a direct relationship, and say to them 'Would you like to have the StarCraft movie?'" he told the America Merrill Lynch Media, comms and Entertainment conference.

"My guess is unlike film studios that are really stuck with a model that goes through theatrical distribution and takes a signification amount of the profit away, if we were to go to an audience and say 'We have this great hour and a half of linear video that we'd like to make available to you at a $20 or $30 price point,' you'd have the biggest opening weekend of any film ever.

"Within the next five years, you are likely to see us do that. It might be in a partnership with somebody or alone, but there will be a time where we'll capitalize on the relationship we have with our audience; deliver them something that is really extraordinary and let them consume it directly through us instead of theatrical distribution.

"If we were to deliver a film digitally this way, I'd say an extremely high percentage would then go to the theatre and watch it again."

I think I'd rather just play the game.....idiot....

In other news Kotick has also offended every single indie developer in the world by saying "Bungie is the last high quality indie developer left" Lets see what Valve and Epic have to say about that....

Back to top Go down

Kotick loses it...again....wants you to pay for cut-scenes....... Empty Re: Kotick loses it...again....wants you to pay for cut-scenes.......

Post by Duke Mon 20 Sep 2010 - 20:30

Thats nothing, i saw an article over the weekend where a processor company wanted to charge you to unlock part of the chip on your computer. Basicaly your paying extra to unlock performance your computer already has.

Come to think of it article HERE
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Kotick loses it...again....wants you to pay for cut-scenes....... Empty Re: Kotick loses it...again....wants you to pay for cut-scenes.......

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 20 Sep 2010 - 21:48

what a cock.

that is all
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 20 Sep 2010 - 21:50

Actually, its not. I would gladly pay $30, £30 or even £100 to have the 'movie' on disc and to be able to ram it up his arse Agree
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Tue 21 Sep 2010 - 13:10

I Agree What a cock tugger
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down