Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West possibly the best gem this year...

2 posters

Go down

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West possibly the best gem this year... Empty Enslaved: Odyssey to the West possibly the best gem this year...

Post by Guest Tue 28 Sep 2010 - 12:15

Just played the demo of this (On the marketplace now) and despite being sceptical in months past it looks like this game has turned into an absolute stunner, The game itself is a modern retelling of the old Chinese novel Journey to the West and loosely based on the 70's TV series Monkey.

You play as the character Monkey in a post war world where humans have become slaves, After escaping a slave ship (The demo run through this level) you meet the other main character Trip and she imprisons you with a slave headband meaning if she dies you die with the aim being to return Trip to her homeland. The game is incredibly cinematic in it's approach and uses camera angles in a way I've only seen in Uncharted 2 and it works a treat really helping the visuals.

With a solid back-story and some incredible gameplay going on this is looking to be one of the best hidden gems this year.

Here's a trailer:

Go grab the demo now, I'll post some reviews when there in.

Back to top Go down

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West possibly the best gem this year... Empty Re: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West possibly the best gem this year...

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Tue 28 Sep 2010 - 13:17

looks good
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West possibly the best gem this year... Empty Re: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West possibly the best gem this year...

Post by FWG Plod Tue 28 Sep 2010 - 15:06

*waves 2 fingers in front of mouth while shouting "I WANT A GLOWING SURF DISC!!!!!!!"
FWG Plod
FWG Plod
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/k1ngy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Sep 2010 - 21:57

Courtesy of TGP are the demo impressions, after multiple playthroughs myself I'm in complete agreement.

It’s not often you play a game the first time and throughout the gameplay you got that feeling that you hope this game never ends. You hope that you will keep playing this game for the rest of your life. Even though you know that it will come to an end eventually, you at least hope that the ending will leave you with a sense of conclusion. But it rarely does, this however came to me in my latest demo play through, and the game? The game was Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.
It is hard for a game to live up to hype. And when the hype is as big as it is for Enslaved Odyssey to the West, i would be satisfied with 70% of it living up, but no... Enslaved Odyssey to the West gave me 110%...
After playing through the demo of Enslaved on my Xbox 360 I can’t help but feel like this might just be the best demo I have ever played of any game. It has the excitement of a good game, it has the right character for the role and it has the intense sounds and music to go with the whole package. I felt like I was playing a futuristic Uncharted game, with a much more intense character.
  For such a short demo and with that much action packed into it my bet is, heck no, I KNOW this will be the best Xbox 360 game to come out. It has everything, good characters, good voice acting, huge scenario, insane graphics, engaging music and sounds, intense battles and last but not least a diverse gameplay. And at the end of the demo I was left without words.
  I felt a sudden urge to play the demo over again, and I did. After the second play through I had to go for third and hard. When the third and final demo play through was done I was still left with the same feeling of wanting to play this game again, and again. I knew already then that this was an amazing experience. This was that game that would be talked about for years; this is the best game to be released of 2010. This will knock out all competitors. And if you don’t believe me just wait and see. I guarantee it.
  After the demo is done you get to see what more the game has to offer and it includes vehicles, huge bosses, no forget huge, gigantic boss battles unlike anything I’ve ever seen since I played ICO. This is that game that we as Xbox 360 gamers have been waiting for since Uncharted is a PS3 exclusive, and this is that game that will knock the Uncharted disc out of your PS3 and leave it to gather dust in the corner.
  If you haven’t played the demo yet I suggest you go download it. I guarantee that you will love it, and if you don’t I at least know you will find SOME parts of it that you secretly love. Enslaved will be the best game of 2010.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down