Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Black Ops review is in.....

Go down

First Black Ops review is in..... Empty First Black Ops review is in.....

Post by Guest Mon 8 Nov 2010 - 12:34

The world's first Call Of Duty: Black Ops review has hit doormats in the US - and subsequently leaked onto the web. Top line? It's good news for Activision and Treyarch.

The review - which come's from respected mag Game Informer - awards the title 9/10, heralding it as "top of the visual heap".

It asks: "Can Treyarch come through with a blockbuster hit in the vein of Modern Warfare, not just a by-the-numbers off-year title like the studio has churned out in the past?

"Yes and no, but Black Ops is the best game Treyarch has made, and a hell of a good time no matter how you slice it."

The mag praises the campaign, saying its storytelling and characterisation surpasses Modern Warfare 2's - but suggests that it "loses spectacle".

It also warns about the title's violent content. It reports: "This is an emphatically mature game. Everyone should make their own judgment on what they are comfortable with, but Black Ops crossed my personal line in its Bloody depictions of violence, particularly the torture sequence."

Sounds grisly. Luckily, prettier words are used when it comes to multiplayer.

"For my money, Treyarch has crafted the finest Call of Duty multiplayer game to date."

Praise indeed.

Overall, though, the mag just didn't feel Black Ops is a leap forward from Infinity Ward's last shooter. It concludes:

"It's tough to hate on something as skillfully executed as Black Ops. Call of Duty remains the smoothest, most approachable first person shooter out there, and I had a blast playing it.

"On the other hand, it's disappointing that Treyarch's much hyped huge budget entry in the franchise feels like Modern Warfare 2.5. Activision hasn't Tony Hawked Call of Duty yet, though, and I'm happy to get a refined update. This year anyway."

Back to top Go down