Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indie dev's triumph over M$

Go down

Indie dev's triumph over M$ Empty Indie dev's triumph over M$

Post by Guest Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 16:36

The new Xbox 360 dashboard update was a welcome change for most, but indie developers found themselves put out by the new placement of their dedicated channel. Now Microsoft has fixed that problem, placing it in the Games & Demos section. It takes its place more prominently next to Arcade, Games on Demand, and Demos.

Previously, the update had moved into the Specialty Shops channel, alongside more obscure bits of the Xbox Live Marketplace like Avatar clothing. Indie developers complained almost immediately, calling the placement "horrible" and suggesting that their games were too hard to find in the new listing.

Microsoft had defended the move, saying it wanted to "provide access to marketplaces that focus on a specific type of content." The statement claimed it wanted to put indie games "alongside other popular channels like the Avatar Marketplace." Now the company has backed off that sentiment, so indie developers can rejoice with clearer placement.

Back to top Go down

Indie dev's triumph over M$ Empty Re: Indie dev's triumph over M$

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 17:45

Makes no odds to me as I rarely check out the Indie games. That said, 'Oh Noes!!' is an epic indie title that all should play - with a title like that, you can't got wrong. Can you??
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 17:46

There are a couple of stonking games on the indie section...hmm maybe I should post a section up for the best of them seeing as they can be stupidly cheap...

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 17:47

Would be worth it Tom, I dont mind checking them out but sifting the wheat from the chaff can be tedious
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down