Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Xbox will use Blu-ray - report

5 posters

Go down

Next Xbox will use Blu-ray - report Empty Next Xbox will use Blu-ray - report

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 19:21

Microsoft's next home console will use Blu-ray discs, catching up with Sony's PlayStation 3, according to Kotaku sources.

The Xbox 360 currently has a DVD drive - meaning a 9GB limit per disc, compared to Blu-ray's 50GB capacity.

The site's sources also claimed that Microsoft is planning on including technology in the new machine that will somehow combat used games, though didn't provide specifics on exactly how that will work.

You might like to take that one with a pinch of salt. Retailers would be up in arms if true, as might budget-minded gamers.

As per tradition, Microsoft declined to comment on rumour and speculation.

Kotaku's report also mentioned that the system will ship with a refined version of the Kinect peripheral - as reported by Eurogamer last November.

Earlier this week, a separate report emerged claiming that Microsoft's new console is being built around a Radeon HD 6670-like GPU and will be roughly six times more powerful than the Xbox 360.

Source: Eurogamer

If true, I'm wont be surprised about this.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Next Xbox will use Blu-ray - report Empty Re: Next Xbox will use Blu-ray - report

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 19:25

Blu-ray was a given really, unsure on this Kinect 2 shite though Laughing
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Next Xbox will use Blu-ray - report Empty Re: Next Xbox will use Blu-ray - report

Post by Waylander FWG Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 19:30

WTF is Kinect anyway? Laughing
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by X DRAGONBACK X Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 20:10

i am still using my HD DVD player with my xbox
X DRAGONBACK X
X DRAGONBACK X
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 20:13

No surprise about Blu Ray - its a given for the next gen tbh.

Apparently Kinect 2 should will see huge improvements over the current version as it will have its own dedicated input and board controller - the original relies on USB and is hamstrung as a result as it has to share bandwidth etc across all the other slots even if they arent being used. As such the resolution is restricted.

The new one will work at a much more sophisticated level and allegedly will be able to lip read...

Still doesnt interest me though but I daresay, if we want the next M$ console it will be forced compliance as it will be bundled in Rolling Eyes
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Plod Wed 25 Jan 2012 - 20:21

Finally they buckle to the power of bluray, this will see the Xbox go to the top of the charts as ps3 is only there due to its bluray abilities.
You can keep I have no interest in that.
FWG Plod
FWG Plod
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/k1ngy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down