Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All the PS4 info in one place!

+3
Dongziller
Evosean
Killswitchmad
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

All the PS4 info in one place! - Page 2 Empty Re: All the PS4 info in one place!

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 9:24

The one big downside has been announced, The console will NOT be backwards compatible meaning all that dlc etc people have purchased is money lost. However GAIKAI are looking into offering PS3 games as a streaming service

Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

All the PS4 info in one place! - Page 2 Empty Re: All the PS4 info in one place!

Post by Dongziller Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 9:37

No backwards compatibility again Angry that really gets my goat, will be a while before i consider any new console tbh
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 19:06

Never really been fussed with backwards compatibility. Got old games to play then keep the old console,simples.

With M$ still banking on Kinect and Sony including Move/eye thingy i think whoever has the cheapest online service will swing it for me.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 20:26

I have noticed you can preorder the PS4 already on a few websites.
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 21:21

Yeah but there's no way that's the final price
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 22:41

I must admit the other thing I took away from this is that the Vita will really come into its own as an indespensible accesory with the PS4 as long as Gaikai get the streaming right I mean who wouldn't like to have a quick pop at their current game during the lunch hour at work?
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 22:45

On the whole I thought the info from the stream was good, and although socially focused it still seems like Sony are still concentrating on games.

I was a little disappointed that we didn't see the console or get any idea on price point and release date (other than holiday season)

We shall wait and see but I'm not sure I will adopt early yet. Some of the games looked decent but none of them are system sellers yet.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 21 Feb 2013 - 22:50

I agree on not seeing the console mate, Would certainly have got me more excited. I quite liked the social focus mostly due to the fact that its all centered around socially sharing your games rather than trying to mimic Facebook etc.

Games wise your right very little in the way of flagship titles although Watch Dogs and Destiny are ridiculously ambitious and could well become poster titles for the console....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 22 Feb 2013 - 8:52

Sony have now confirmed that the PS4 will NOT block used games Smile
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Fri 22 Feb 2013 - 10:26

I see shopto are taking pre orders for the ps4 - only 400 quid!! I'll take 2 Afraid
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Fri 22 Feb 2013 - 16:46

So will this mean GTA5 gets put back for next gen? Whose gonna buy it then get a PS4 and find they cant play it? Seems odd to release a major game so close to next gen releases.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 22 Feb 2013 - 17:57

I have a feeling it'll release on both platforms
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Fri 22 Feb 2013 - 20:14

I thought Drive Club might peek your interest Tom?
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 22 Feb 2013 - 20:37

It has mate but I'm not too sure on the whole "team racing" thing, need to see more of it first
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 22 Feb 2013 - 21:39

Some interesting stuff going on here and it definitely looks like Sony have paid attention to what was good/bad about the PS3 and PSN and have improved in every single way. At least it looks like Sony have taken opinion on board and used it - I have reservations MS will do the same as American business practice is completely different to Japanese....

The ball is definitely in Microsoft's court though as all the leaked spec of Durango and Orbis suggested the Sony machine would have more graphical power but less RAM and that deficit has been properly smashed! I have a sinking feeling that MS are going to come up short this time around.

This was a clever piece of PR by Sony - get the console announced and tease footage to quash rumours and speculation and then they can use E3 to show off a lot more of what the games will really look like - all while some suit from MS is jibbering on about Kinect to an emptying conference hall lol

So glad Watch Dogs is next gen though as early footage of that looked so ambitious that it was highly unlikely the current gen could do it justice.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2