Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microsoft's Next box reveal will be split over two events

+7
slowdog76
HomerRamone2084
Pais
Law Ram
N1NJA FWG
Pagey
Killswitchmad
11 posters

Go down

Microsoft's Next box reveal will be split over two events Empty Microsoft's Next box reveal will be split over two events

Post by Killswitchmad Mon 20 May 2013 - 16:03

According to an episode of Major Nelson’s latest podcast, tomorrow's big Xbox reveal is just going to be one prong of a two part strategy by Microsoft.

There will be tomorrow's event, which most believe will show off the technical components of the new system and finally reveal the new console's final name. The second event, which looks like it's shaping up to be a run-down of titles and exclusives will be taking place during E3. “The best way I can describe it is, we’re really going to tell one story across two events.

So we’re going to start on the 21 [of May] and really that’s about revealing the next Xbox platform and our vision for the future of games, the future of entertainment.

We definitely have a lot of surprises planned. “People are going to get a great inside look at the making of the new platform and the team that brought it to life. To be honest it’s really about the team, the people here.

We’ve never done this before, so it’s really exciting to be able to do that. “It’s a lot of laying the foundation, and then just a couple weeks later we go to E3, and E3 is all about the games. It’s going to be tons of exclusives and world premiers.” Stay tuned for details about tomorrow's big reveal. Get at us and let us know what you're most excited about.

So Sony don't show off their console and now Microsoft aren't showing the game's.... Slap

Last edited by Killswitchmad on Mon 20 May 2013 - 16:08; edited 1 time in total
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Microsoft's Next box reveal will be split over two events Empty Re: Microsoft's Next box reveal will be split over two events

Post by Pagey Mon 20 May 2013 - 16:07

Anyone know what time this starts or if there is a live stream ?
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Microsoft's Next box reveal will be split over two events Empty Re: Microsoft's Next box reveal will be split over two events

Post by Killswitchmad Mon 20 May 2013 - 16:10

6pm tomorrow mate, will be streamed live to your Xbox dashboard Smile
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 20 May 2013 - 17:34

Great, it will showing as I am travelling home from work Laughing

I am sure a catch up will be available on YT shortly after
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Law Ram Mon 20 May 2013 - 17:52

It is not surprising that Microsoft wont show games tomorrow. Think about, it was about a months worth of hype after Sony announced the PS4. Rumours etc started going around. Now it will be like that again but much more.

Once the hype dies down, its E3, where they can then go, right these are the games we are showing you. Keeps Microsofts name out their for longer than Sony was

Clever play by microsoft
Law Ram
Law Ram
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Mon 20 May 2013 - 18:01

Law Ram wrote:It is not surprising that Microsoft wont show games tomorrow. Think about, it was about a months worth of hype after Sony announced the PS4. Rumours etc started going around. Now it will be like that again but much more.

Once the hype dies down, its E3, where they can then go, right these are the games we are showing you. Keeps Microsofts name out their for longer than Sony was

Clever play by microsoft

Personally I'm not such a fan it's like a teaser trailer teasing a trailer.... It used to be that E3 was the place, you would blow away everyone with a huge reveal along with the game's. This to me just seems a tease. Which I suppose is a clever idea by Microsoft I just don't like it Laughing

I'll be running a live thread as always Chris so you can always have a cheeky look here Smile
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Mon 20 May 2013 - 18:12

It will be streamed live on Eurogamer as well.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Mon 20 May 2013 - 18:13

HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Mon 20 May 2013 - 18:49

this is exactly what i've been saying would be the case for weeks now. if you look at sonys conference, there was a great deal of time taken up by the games, which is fine, but this is a new console we're talking about here. once it had sunk in, aside from the obvious "what does it look like", you did come away feeling that they answered relatively little

so, MS can now do a full event focusing just on the console, which means they better answer every pertinent damn question that everyone has.

the conference will finish showing some very brief trailers for a handful of games. enough to drop the jaw and whet the appetite for E3, a conference where they can completely focus on the games. and nothing but.

sony are now in the the awkward position where half of their conference is spent answering questions about the console that they should have done a few months ago
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Mon 20 May 2013 - 18:55

turns out there will be 2 games revealed tomorrow night actually......

wait for it

FIFA IS ONE OF THEM......

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/20/next-gen-fifa-confirmed-for-xbox-reveal-event
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Mon 20 May 2013 - 19:07

this is exactly what i've been saying would be the case for weeks now. if you look at sonys conference, there was a great deal of time taken up by the games, which is fine, but this is a new console we're talking about here. once it had sunk in, aside from the obvious "what does it look like", you did come away feeling that they answered relatively little
What makes you think M$ will spill any more info ?
so, MS can now do a full event focusing just on the console, which means they better answer every pertinent damn question that everyone has.
I wouldnt put a bet on that.
I think there will be a lot glitz and glamour and... and vaugness. Doubtless they will spend a chunk of time telling us how this is THE only thing you need under your TV for entertainment needs. And lets not forget the illumiroom bollocks and kinect 2 - theres a chunk of time right there.

the conference will finish showing some very brief trailers for a handful of games. enough to drop the jaw and whet the appetite for E3, a conference where they can completely focus on the games. and nothing but.

sony are now in the the awkward position where half of their conference is spent answering questions about the console that they should have done a few months ago
Im not convinced.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 20 May 2013 - 20:57

I think a lot of tomorrow will be fluff around the things MS seem to think we all care about and will deflect attention away as much as possible about things we do want to know about....

Still looking forward to seeing all the MS execs on stage acting 20 years younger than they really are with a load of high fiving and Ooorah'ing all the while lol

Microsoft's Next box reveal will be split over two events Eurogamer-hbq50x
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Tue 21 May 2013 - 7:13

All I want to know is if it has Blue Ray, what games will be launched with it and how much it costs?

I want a new war game as well to replace the Call of Duty series that would also be released on launch
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Tue 21 May 2013 - 9:06

Battlefield is a more than adequate alternative for CoD
bal
bal

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Tue 21 May 2013 - 9:25

it is to a point. the problem bf has is too few game modes. the different ones thrown out across the dlc on bf3 shows that the engine can work in closer quarters as much as it can on the huge scale. quite why its taken capture the flag so fecking long to return as well is anyones guess

but yh, bf4 NEEDS to ship with tdm, ctf, rush, conquest, gun game, and domination at least, straight out of the box. they could easily do demolition too. one of the main reasons cod has lasted for so long at the top of the pile is its plethora of game modes

it could do with easier to manage private games too, with more options
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Tue 21 May 2013 - 9:36

Easier to manage private games - dont you mean actually support them without having to pay for a server ? Say what you like but I think its plain wrong the they are allowed to charge for that shit.

The more I hear about tonight the more i think its going to be...

Hey - Microsoft are great.. And they are bringing out a new console which is going to be THE thing to have in your living room for all entertainment needs..
It will features Kinect 2 which is amazing.. honest.. It could do stuff like 'illumiroom'... but possibly wont.
Oh and its going to have some games... Bet you cant wait..
Thank you and good night.

HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Tue 21 May 2013 - 10:02

i think it will open with cod.

then some self back slapping

then some specs

then a video explaining why their specs are better than ps4's

then yap about features

then yap about kinect

then yap about where they will be going in the future

then yap about the controller, leading into whatever games they will show

then console reveal along with pricing and a rough release date

sad, i know, but i'm looking forward to it. i like console launches. more than everything though, im just glad that we are fast getting to the point where the rumours will be replaced by facts and people will soon be in a position to decide which way they are going to go
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Tue 21 May 2013 - 10:23

i take all that back. just found out that the reveal will only be 1 hour long. exactly they are hoping to cover in this hour considering cod, fifa and forza will be shown is beyond me

"hey folks. we have a new console coming out. heres what the games look like. heres what will be included in the box. heres the pad. heres the console. heres the price.....ta-ra"
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Tue 21 May 2013 - 10:29

slowdog76 wrote:i take all that back. just found out that the reveal will only be 1 hour long. exactly they are hoping to cover in this hour considering cod, fifa and forza will be shown is beyond me

"hey folks. we have a new console coming out. heres what the games look like. heres what will be included in the box. heres the pad. heres the console. heres the price.....ta-ra"

Thats what I want, straight to the point no bullshit. Cool
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Tue 21 May 2013 - 12:16

slowdog76 wrote:sad, i know, but i'm looking forward to it and I have the hand cream and kleenex ready.

Afraid Afraid
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 21 May 2013 - 12:31

- 5 mins quickly showing physical console, glossing over specs hoping that no-one will notice that the hardware doesn't stack up to the PS4
- 10 mins for COD reveal - it will have a 24 hour exclusivity deal and double XP on launch!
- 10 mins for Fifa/BF4/Forza 5 reveal
- 20 mins for Steve Balmer and random celebrity to uncomfortably act very naturally like BFF's while pricking around with Kinect
- 10 mins talk that Illumiroom will fundamentally change the course of mankind, completely ignoring the general impracticality of it for the vast majority of people and without revealing that it is actually going to ship.
4 mins waffling on about Avatars and ordering pizza through Kinect
1 min rushing though announcing always on internet, used games are blocked and that it will cost approx £400 on launch, proceeded by running off stage as quickly as possible before questions/rotten fruit and veg start to rain in.....

Cynical head off, I am quite looking forward to seeing how this goes and as Slowdog said, having fact instead of rumours will be a relief one way or another!

I won't get home from work till after the live reveal so I will most likely hide offline when I get on and catch up
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterbean FWG Tue 21 May 2013 - 12:45

i remeber the commadore 64 lanuch."wow look at that" GOODNIGHT.
Butterbean FWG
Butterbean FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Tue 21 May 2013 - 12:47

slowdog76 wrote:heres the price.....ta-ra"
I can't see the feckers telling us a price.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Tue 21 May 2013 - 12:51

Nope. Me either. And if the spec isnt a good as ps4 they are surely going to gloss right over that if they even cover it ...
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down