Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PS4 Sony being sneaky.

+3
HomerRamone2084
FWG Unky Al
Pais
7 posters

Go down

PS4 Sony being sneaky. Empty PS4 Sony being sneaky.

Post by Pais Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 18:27

Every PS4 will ship with a free game BUT to play it you will need to buy the camera (£80?).

Also if you like friends to come round and play some MP or CoOp you will also need the camera as that's the only way for the PS4 to see the lights on the controller.

This was sent to a mate via email from Sony customer service. I have emailed them myself to try and find out how many games will require the camera on launch. According to the Gadget Show there could be a few.

Will post more when I have more info.

Pais

Back to top Go down

PS4 Sony being sneaky. Empty Re: PS4 Sony being sneaky.

Post by FWG Unky Al Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 19:09

Hmmm, Slowie mention this last night. Makes the PS look less appealing
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 19:48

All games obviously are not going to need a camera otherwise out of the box it wont work.

Ill take some titles needing a camera for some features over needing one just to use the box at all.Actually thats not entirley true cos ill probaly get both Smile
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 20:30

That doesn't seem to make an awful lot of sense if I am being honest, why bundle in a game that needs a camera, then not include the camera. Either not including the game or including the game + camera are the most obvious decisions?

If what you heard is true Mart, then surely people will just not bother picking up the camera and not bother playing the game? That 1 game surely isn't going to make people spend a further £80 on a peripheral is it? Unless there is more to this story.....
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 20:32

FWG Unky Al wrote:Hmmm, Slowie mention this last night. Makes the PS look less appealing

Not sure I agree with that, unless otherwise confirmed you just don't by the camera and end up with a game you can't play, no loss unless there is a price differential or there is something else to this story....
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Your Bloody 666 Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 21:26

as a lover of all games, im gonna have to get every system eventually, but im deff looking at the ps4 before the xbo. to me it blew the competition out of the water right out of the gate. every big company has messed up bad once in there career, its just now xboxs time. i would rather pay for the camera then NEED internet to play games ya kno? and yea, i did hear that microsoft took everything they were gonna do back lol
Your Bloody 666
Your Bloody 666
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Thu 4 Jul 2013 - 22:48

On Monday the Gadget Show had KSI and another gamer (forget name) and they were going through the games. They were surprised how many needed the camera on the PS4. The video has since been pulled from the website.

There has been talk on numerous sites that Sony have not included the camera just so they could come in significantly cheaper. Now how much of this is true or just hearsay remains to be seen. Only time will tell.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 9:45

If true then they are no better than MS, and I wont be picking up a PS4.

We have fair amount of time for more info to come out about the PS4, although I daresay that Sony have been quiet content to see the backlash towards MS for some of their policies and decisions since the reveals. It would surprise me if they went ahead and made the same mistakes. Although the enforcement of Kinect may convince Sony to do the same with their tech, especially if developers are making games involving both cameras....

This would inevitably push the price of a PS4 up towards the X1.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 12:39

Maybe not everything in the free game doesnt need a camera ?

In any case it makes no diff to me - I didnt even know there was a game with it (I know you get the club @ lanuch if you have psn+)

You dont get a free anything with boner so...
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 13:49

HomerRamone2084 wrote:Maybe not everything in the free game doesnt need a camera ?

In any case it makes no diff to me - I didnt even know there was a game with it (I know you get the club @ lanuch if you have psn+)

You dont get a free anything with boner so...

MS may give a game away with the system, the 360 orignially had hexen allready on the HDD when purchased.

MS are also holding a press conference at Gamescom for the first time since 2005. Hopefully they will tell s a bit more about the launch and if they have anything else planned.

I believe Sony are using this as a way to encourage some gamers to buy the camera, rather than pack it in, this way they can sell the console at a lower cost. Although 429 is a lot of money to shell out, i prefer that every xb one has kinect, this should encourage more games for the system. I liked using the kinect on the 360 and it did have some fun games.

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 14:41

falviousuk wrote:i prefer that every xb one has kinect, this should encourage more games for the system
MS are taking a hit in popularity (by forcing everyone to buy the kinect) to encourage widespread adoption of motion controls by devs. The problem is Sony are going to benefit from this too, without the PR hassle that is the compulsory camera. If Activision start to work motion controls into every cod game for the xbox then they're going to do the same for PS4 (assuming the eye can do everything the kinect can, I haven't read much about it). Sony will reap the benefits of MS's decision without the fallout of forcing people like me to buy something they really don't want.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Fri 5 Jul 2013 - 16:44

I view it as a part of the system, just like a joypad is part of the system. The camera is more advanced than the first generation and by bundling it in, it is cheaper than the first one.

The eyetoy isnt as advanced as the kinect device as far as information goes. The eyetoy is a stereoscopic camera with stereo mics.

Kinect is an advanced sensor camera, that has infra red imaging to see in the dark.

I imagine that MS are going to show off some kinect games at gamescom to see if they are better than kinect 1 games, i hope they are. They have only announced kinect sports so far and I was a little unimpressed by the mini games in it except for the waverider one.

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down