Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sony PS4 Will Have 4.5GB Ram available for games Similar to Xbox One

4 posters

Go down

Sony PS4 Will Have 4.5GB Ram available for games Similar to Xbox One Empty Sony PS4 Will Have 4.5GB Ram available for games Similar to Xbox One

Post by falviousuk Sat 27 Jul 2013 - 19:18

A rumour appeared the other day suggesting that the PS4 will in fact only have 4.5gb of Ram available for games, the rest will be used by the OS, though another 1GB can be used by developers if the OS can spare it. This rumour appeared on Eurogamer, and apparently came from internal sony documents from an unammed developer.

Eurogamer have updated the story with a comment from Sony, confirming part of the rumour, but they are being vague as to the exact details.

You can read up about what is going on using this darling little link http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ps3-system-software-memory

This now puts the two machines on a more level footing.

[UPDATE] Eurogamer have updated their story title to say the PS$ now gives up to 5GB available for games, matching the Xbox One.

The current generation of consoles, Xbox 360 and PS3 had 512MB of memory available to them. And look what Rockstar are doing with that with GTA5.

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Sony PS4 Will Have 4.5GB Ram available for games Similar to Xbox One Empty Re: Sony PS4 Will Have 4.5GB Ram available for games Similar to Xbox One

Post by N1NJA FWG Sun 28 Jul 2013 - 15:29

The OS' on both consoles look to have quite a heavy load but its not really a surprise given the multi tasking natures of both.

5gb should be more than enough for games though.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sony PS4 Will Have 4.5GB Ram available for games Similar to Xbox One Empty Re: Sony PS4 Will Have 4.5GB Ram available for games Similar to Xbox One

Post by falviousuk Sun 28 Jul 2013 - 18:51

[UPDATE] to the [UPDATE]

A PS4 indie developer has said that this is false, and that the PS4 has 6GB available for games.

The situation is becoming confusing, and laughable. At the end of the day, games on both platforms will be just fine.

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 8:53

Not sure why Sony don't just disclose it and settle all the speculation Scratch 
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 9:10

Its almost seems to be a stand off now between the 2 consoles. Neither of them seem to want to want to reveal anything in case there rival goes one better.
I think its laughable that these consoles don't even have a release date yet
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 15:55

I would imagine the release dates will be announced at Gamescon. MS press conference will be first, I wonder if Sony have different release dates ready, so that they can announce their console to launch before MS at their presser.

Sony changed the amount of ram in the console from 4gb to 8gb to counter the 8gb in the xbox one, then of course there was the nonsense on stage about the DRM stuff that sony was making fun off at thier E3 press conference. As well as the rumour that they were initially going to inculde the camera with every system, but dropped this to offer a lower price point to come in less than the xbox.

And now we have the friends limit, which the sony fanboys are now touting as another advantage. MS announced they were increasing the friends limit, currently 100 on the 360 upto 1000 for the xbox one.
Sony have just announced today that they will be offering a friends limit of 2000 for the PS4.

Things seem to be getting a little bit silly now.

Can you imagine having a 1000 or even 2000 on your FL, the amount of popups with people coming online would be ridiculous, and if i remember rightly the PS3 announces when someone goes offline as well.

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Mon 29 Jul 2013 - 17:31

falviousuk wrote:Can you imagine having a 1000 or even 2000 on your FL, the amount of popups with people coming online would be ridiculous, and if i remember rightly the PS3 announces when someone goes offline as well.
I'm assuming (hoping) that with the expanded friends list we'll also be getting the ability to split friends into groups. Not all friends are equal, several of my friends are real life friends who aren't on much and I never actually play with, but I can't remove them. Let me set a group as "clan" so I can check it immediately when I come online to see who's about as well as other groups like "brother's friends" or "old school friends" or "halo players". Then let me set which notifications I want from each group. It tells me if someone from the clan comes online, but not if my brother's friend does. It tells me if my halo friend starts playing halo, but doesn't mention him otherwise. If they don't then we're all going to end up getting maybe 5 times more pop ups than we currently do, plus with 100ish friends online at a time that's a lot of scrolling through an unsorted list to check if a certain friend is online or to invite that friend.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down