Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BF4 now has private servers - finally!

4 posters

Go down

BF4 now has private servers - finally! Empty BF4 now has private servers - finally!

Post by PSIONUK Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 0:28

Just noticed this tonight on PS4 I assume it's the same for xbox one?
PSIONUK
PSIONUK
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

https://www.youtube.com/psionuk

Back to top Go down

BF4 now has private servers - finally! Empty Re: BF4 now has private servers - finally!

Post by totalgizmo Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 7:27

Yes on XBOX too, they were having issues with XB so disabled private servers but it could be fixed now.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

BF4 now has private servers - finally! Empty Re: BF4 now has private servers - finally!

Post by N1NJA FWG Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 8:48

Is this private as in paid for servers like in BF3? If so, I am amazed it has taken so long for EA/Dice to get such an income stream set up.....
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PSIONUK Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 19:57

Yeah..... $$$$ lets hope all the official servers don't disappear....
PSIONUK
PSIONUK
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 20:21

The private servers are a great idea and always have been. You need dedicated servers to grow a proper clan scene really and they have to be paid for - has always been this way on PC.

The official servers won't go anywhere and it's not like you need to pay to play on another clans server anyway!
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 1 May 2014 - 9:09

They had their benefits on BF3 no doubt. We had one for a while and it was enjoyable - made clan matches through the WGL a breeze and allowed us to have some private fun - knife fights etc.

Main issue was that once they went live, Dice seemed to dial down the volume of official servers meaning most of the time you found yourself in privately run public servers and faced with the chance of being booted regularly. Dice soon responded by putting more official ones into rotation though - hopefully they keep plenty available this time Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PSIONUK Thu 1 May 2014 - 15:09

It's good we have the option. I'll probably get one if I can convince a few more friends to go PS4....

With the BF3 servers I always felt we could have done with more options and the performance was always a bit variable. The hosting seemed to be moved about at random within a region.

But generally it is a good thing!
PSIONUK
PSIONUK
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down