Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One and PS4 versions of Elder Scrolls Online delayed until late 2014/ Early 2015

+2
totalgizmo
Killswitchmad
6 posters

Go down

Xbox One and PS4 versions of Elder Scrolls Online delayed until late 2014/ Early 2015 Empty Xbox One and PS4 versions of Elder Scrolls Online delayed until late 2014/ Early 2015

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 8 May 2014 - 16:07

Elder Scrolls fans on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will have to wait another six months to pick up The Elder Scrolls Online.

After rumors began swirling that the console version of The Elder Scrolls Online was going to miss its planned June release, Bethesda has issued an official statement confirming the console delay and issuing some incentives for fans who want to play the PC version now and transfer to the Xbox One or PlayStation 4 when the game is released on those platforms in what will likely be very late 2014 or early 2015.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Xbox One and PS4 versions of Elder Scrolls Online delayed until late 2014/ Early 2015 Empty Re: Xbox One and PS4 versions of Elder Scrolls Online delayed until late 2014/ Early 2015

Post by totalgizmo Thu 8 May 2014 - 16:12

Just reading this myself, seems like a good offer if you're into your ESO.

from ESO Forum wrote:We know that the news of an ESO console delay is as disappointing to many of you as it is to us. We want to do what we can to make it up to our fans who want to start playing now, so we have worked out the following arrangement with Sony and Microsoft:

Via a special offer, anyone who purchases and plays the PC/Mac version of The Elder Scrolls Online by the end of June will have the opportunity to transfer their character(s) to either console version when they are released. The offer will allow you to begin playing immediately on the PC/Mac, and then add the PS4 or Xbox One version and transfer the character(s) you have created and developed. And, you don’t have to pay full price for the game twice. For $20, eligible PC and Mac players will have the option to add a full, digital version of ESO on either the PS4 or the Xbox One with your character transfer(s), and another 30 days of included game time.

Depends on how broken the PC version currently is  Smile , I'm still not bothering, can't say I'm disappointed by the delay.  Shocked 

Last edited by totalgizmo on Thu 8 May 2014 - 16:14; edited 1 time in total
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Xbox One and PS4 versions of Elder Scrolls Online delayed until late 2014/ Early 2015 Empty Re: Xbox One and PS4 versions of Elder Scrolls Online delayed until late 2014/ Early 2015

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 8 May 2014 - 16:14

While that is a good offer it kind of shuts out those that would prefer a boxed copy on consoles as they won't recieve a discount....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Thu 8 May 2014 - 16:49

between this and the drive club announcement......

considering companies would quite like us all to go digital, theyre sure doing a great job of dissuading the general populace
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Thu 8 May 2014 - 17:43

lost interest in this when i heard about the monthly fee, will die a slow death or become free to play in the future me thinks
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 8 May 2014 - 19:10

Considering its got a monthly subs the game should be free. The last FF was exactly that. Worked on PS3 or PC. You logged into the same severs you so you could play on whatever you fancied. Which seems like a much better way of doing this kinda model.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Thu 8 May 2014 - 21:25

Digital vs. retail box is absolutely irrelevant for this. There will be no trade in value at all as it's all account tied.

I actually think it's a really good offer if I'm honest.

My problem with it is that the game is shite. It might improve enough in 6 months to be worth playing but, as it stands today, it's just nowhere near as good as the likes of WoW and GW2 and you've got Wildstar out early June which is getting promising previews. They need to pull something out the bag to keep this game in good health by the end of the year without going F2P.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down