Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox One party system

+2
slowdog76
PSIONUK
6 posters

Go down

Xbox One party system Empty Xbox One party system

Post by PSIONUK Fri 9 May 2014 - 7:53

I have seen some complaints about the long winded way the menus work on the Xbox One but I think this video sums it up very well.... Why on earth isn't it as easy as on the 360?

PSIONUK
PSIONUK
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

https://www.youtube.com/psionuk

Back to top Go down

Xbox One party system Empty Re: Xbox One party system

Post by slowdog76 Fri 9 May 2014 - 11:17

it isnt as bad as he is making it. it doesnt really help that the guy doesnt know what he is doing. on top of that, part of the problem is game integration with the new system which, by and large, is stupid. cod especially so. i mean, if i was going to make this video, i would choose cod to help show how stupid it is, mainly cos it is the extreme example of it.

however, no, it isnt as good as it was on the 360. it changed to an app rather than a system function to enable them to do a few handy things. for example (now it has been fixed to enable this), say you have 4 in party playing cod and 4 playing bf4. each of those people are grouped within the party. you get into a lobby and then, whilst the party leader is getting you into a game and so on, you can then go elsewhere on your system and do something else. watch tv, surf the net.....whatever. when the game is about to start, a notification pops up on your screen so you know to go back. its pretty cool actually, and i utilise it often on titanfall, for example.

so yh, its a case of they tried to change things up, they focussed a little too much on new stuff and forgot some of the old stuff, which bit by bit is coming back anyway.
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Fri 9 May 2014 - 13:16

He certainly doesn't seem to know what's what - but is that not part of the problem. You didn't really need to know on the 360. It was where you expected it to be IYSWIM.

Also with regards to it coming back - I dont know what it is that M$ have managed to do to convince people thats ok because it will get put right. Its still cock and should have been ready in the first place. If you bought a new TV or a car even and some of the features were not there anymore you would be a bit hacked off shirley ?

HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Fri 9 May 2014 - 15:31

One positive I will say is the clarity has improved hell of a lot since update.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by PSIONUK Fri 9 May 2014 - 19:05

@Homer - So the Xbox One is a bit like a Mazda except, unlike Mazda, MS will probably fix it in the end.....

Both the Xbox One and PS4 are weirdly products released in development (at least 50% missing). Which is only a problem because the 360 in particularly is so far developed..... We just have to try and imagine the other brilliant products don't exist.... Very Happy 
PSIONUK
PSIONUK
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

https://www.youtube.com/psionuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Fri 9 May 2014 - 20:51

As it is now, rather than the piece of shit it was on release, I've not got any real issues with the party system. Works well for me and fits with the new features around being able to open apps and instantly resume games etc.

I sort of miss the xbox home button menu still but less and less as time goes by.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Sat 10 May 2014 - 7:40

my only real problem with it is when chat decides it doesnt want to work and you sit talking for ages to no-one
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Law Ram Tue 20 May 2014 - 13:58

party has seem to have started to fuck up again for me.
I will be in party when suddenly I get the "cannot chat" error message. I then leave the party, rejoin and I am unable to chat because of that message again. I have to do a hard reset on the machine
Law Ram
Law Ram
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Tue 20 May 2014 - 18:23

Party isnt working at all for me currently.. Do I need to press the button on the front of the console or anythin' Very Happy
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down