Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assassin's Creed Unity - Shambles

+6
Dongziller
Daz190uk
HomerRamone2084
slowdog76
Pagey
totalgizmo
10 posters

Go down

Assassin's Creed Unity - Shambles Empty Assassin's Creed Unity - Shambles

Post by totalgizmo Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 16:46

Unity appears to be plagued with glitches, poor performance, frame rate issues, you name it its suffering from it.

I was thinking of getting this or at least renting it but reading about it has put me right off. Both next gen consoles and PC are reportedly suffering, frames rates down in the 20s, laggy button response, pop-in and plenty of graphical glitches.

What I don't understand is how these companies get away with putting these games out knowing they are "faulty". A quick Youtube search will find you plenty of Unitys glitches, did they think they'd go unseen? I was let down big time by Ubisofts Watchdogs which turned out shit thats mainly why I didn't have Unity on preorder, once bitten etc, so glad I didn't preorder reading the current state of the game.

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Assassin's Creed Unity - Shambles Empty Re: Assassin's Creed Unity - Shambles

Post by Pagey Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 17:10

Shame really, fans of the series will have looked forward to this for a long time only now to be left disappointed. Personally if I had preordered the game I would cancel it and wait for it to be fixed
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 17:11

yh its a bit shit. rental is the way to go but keep it off till patched, which no doubt will be incoming. there was supposed to have been one already
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 18:30

totalgizmo wrote:Unity appears to be plagued with glitches, poor performance, frame rate issues, you name it its suffering from it.

I was thinking of getting this or at least renting it but reading about it has put me right off. Both next gen consoles and PC are reportedly suffering, frames rates down in the 20s, laggy button response, pop-in and plenty of graphical glitches.

What I don't understand is how these companies get away with putting these games out knowing they are "faulty". A quick Youtube search will find you plenty of Unitys glitches, did they think they'd go unseen? I was let down big time by Ubisofts Watchdogs which turned out shit thats mainly why I didn't have Unity on preorder, once bitten etc, so glad I didn't preorder reading the current state of the game.

They are bugs Mr Giz. Bugs.

They do it because they have already paid for the marketing for the release date.
They expect to get away with it because they hope to have a patch by the time its out
They get away with it because people get sucked into the hype machine and preorder because it looks great.

Wallet voting is clearly the way ahead. (Although I never got along with asscreed anyway - but thats cos im a grumpy old bastard Ive heard)

HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 18:54

HomerRamone2084 wrote:They are bugs Mr Giz. Bugs.

well Ass Creed Unity appears to be infested.

Homer wrote:Wallet voting is clearly the way ahead.

Yep, totally agree, I've already started, I won't be buying AC, I'm not buying the content light Destiny DLC and I didn't buy Driveclub Wink .

It's wrong that they get away with knowingly releasing broken games though, what other product do you buy on a regular basis doesn't work out of the box? If something doesn't work you take it back for a refund, not wait weeks for them to maybe fix it. I say knowingly broken as there's is no way Unitys issues could have not been spotted during testing, same for Halo MP and Driveclub. Next-Gen has been one broken game after another.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 19:13

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 19:45

They are epic glitches though by any developers scale. It's a shame as the actual graphics look pretty good based on those videos. I find AssCreed a bit hit and miss but I did enjoy 4 last year.

But then, pirates are epic. France, not so much.

Only ever a rental for me anyway - plus Dragon Age will clearly be a lot better. Bioware are the kings.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 20:08

jesus they're absolute shockers!
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 12 Nov 2014 - 23:42

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 0:19

Assassin's Creed Unity - Shambles VfVxLJ6
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 7:36

its annoying, of course it is. but what do you do? devs are pressured by publishers who are pressured by money men and shareholders to get games on the market. dates get set, marketing undertaken, money spent. they dare not hold back a games release at the last minute. then there are server costs. sure, they may well be 2 million all trying to play it at once at launch, but in 3 months it will half, then half again another few months down the line. why spend on servers to cater for the masses when those peaks will never be hit again?

its bollocks, but i get it. at least ubisoft and 343 are acknowledging the problems and working on it. look at the like of codemasters or especially EA whose response to glitches and server issues is beyond shite half the time,
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 7:52

Shareholders. Always with the fucking shareholders.
They must be kept happy - which is of course a vicious circle cos they wont be happy when the franchise or whatever dies because people were given a turd to keep them happy.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 8:05

Its not just volume of traffic on release day though, I can understand that. The games in question are broken beyond server issues. Microsoft have no excuse with Halo, one of the key features they sold the XB1 on was the benifits of thier dedicated servers, Cloud processing etc and thier flagship title Halo fails in the server department, how the hell can't MS get it right? How many people bought a XB1 on the back of Halo MP? I'm sure there were plenty, I bet they aren't so impressed.

Driveclub (full paid for version), four weeks on and its still broken, I checked last night and people still can't use online features and traffic must be minimal by now as people lose interest. One of the senior people at Evo had the cheek to retweet/favorite a piss take post on AC Unitys issues when they can't even fix thier own game.

AC Unity, I watched PS4 live stream of this and must say it looks fantastic (the gameplay looked a bit boring though) but the amount of glitches (bugs) were rediculous, its going to take them a while to patch all those if they ever do, worse still is the frame rate issues, the character teleports about it's so low.

Slow wrote:but what do you do?

As Homer says, "Vote with your wallet".
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 8:29

its one of the reasons i advocate renting and will continue to do so once (if) i get a job.

having said that, there are enough folk that wont and will continue to buy regardless. there's not a lot you can do really aside from sort out your own purchasing practices.

still, nothing is as bad as two worlds was. be glad of that.
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 10:21

I am hoping by the time I get Halo at Xmas the issues will be fixed. It seems to be every game at the moment that comes out has some sort of issues.
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBAFET Thu 13 Nov 2014 - 10:37

this is why I'm waiting till I go next gen. Bad enough that my pc doesn't always run games that should work according to the games specs. A problem I recently had with shadow of mordor, my pc specs are well above the required, but the game just doesn't run smoothly. With a pc you kinda have to expect that sort of issue as they ain't standard tech builds, but with a standard platform like consoles, there's no excuse. I was late to the party with the 360, but by the time I picked on up, everything was running relatively smoothly.
ROBAFET
ROBAFET
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Toasted Cylon Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 5:32

I've yet to see anyone on my FL who has been playing Unity. With all the games coming out right now, amybe they should have bitten the bullet and delayed it.
Toasted Cylon
Toasted Cylon
2nd Wall
2nd Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 8:24

i believe they already had once, but only a couple weeks
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 9:39

Far cry 4 out next week!
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 9:55

not gonna be in the best state either is it
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagey Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 10:15

slowdog76 wrote:not gonna be in the best state either is it

Im hoping its going to be ok Sad
Pagey
Pagey
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 14 Nov 2014 - 13:03

Toasted Cylon wrote:I've yet to see anyone on my FL who has been playing Unity. With all the games coming out right now, amybe they should have bitten the bullet and delayed it.

Trouble is, Ubi have already delayed The Crew by about 9 months and Watch Dogs came out pretty much a year later than was originally planned so maybe there was a lot more pressure for this to launch on time (and in time for Christmas etc) regardless of the state it was in (still doesnt make it right and is no excuse imo)

I certainly fear for FC4 though at this point in time and hope it is in a better state when it launches.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down