Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Treyarch issue tough statement on glitchers....

4 posters

Go down

Treyarch issue tough statement on glitchers.... Empty Treyarch issue tough statement on glitchers....

Post by Guest Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 16:30

Treyarch has issued a statement in response to the emergence of Black Ops glitch videos online

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 launched to numerous reports of multiplayer glitches, which Infinity Ward routinely fixed through various updates.

"This is going to be my one and only statement on this topic, so pay attention," said Black Ops multiplayer designer David "Vahn" Vonderhaar. "I got Twitbombed today from dozens of people the same 2 links. Some are people using old dashboards or old versions of the game. Others are claiming victory on old dev builds that don't even connect to the version of Xbox Live that you use. Others are reproducible issues that we will hotfix or patch just like we said we would. In essence, we likely know more about it than you do from watching a video on Vimeo or YouTube."

“We are disinterestd in making mini-celebrities out of douche-bags”

"What many of these people want is to be Internet nerd famous. I'm not going to make them famous and you shouldn't either. Internet hysteria from normal people is exactly what they want and that's how many people reacted today. You gave them exactly what they want.

"Given the opportunity, I'd personally wield the ban hammer for anyone who thinks he is clever by abusing any glitches. Good think I don't have the opportunity that often and we actually have a constructive, measured, and well-managed live ops team. We said we would support the game. We are going to support it.

"I've gone out of my way using my own limited, personal time to try and get to know about 8000 (and growing) as best I can. The last thing I want is for you to think that because I don't talk about it ... that we don't know or care about it. We didn't spend 2 years of our lives to toss it all in the trash in one day.

"I thank all of you who sent in polite, constructive messages without the hysterics. So here is my one and only public statement about it. I'm not going to talk about it publicly. We are disinterested in making mini-celebrities out of douche-bags. You better think twice before you glitch. You never know who in your game doesn't like glitchers who reports you and saves the game in their File Share and tells us about it. Our forum admins and VIPs along with JD_2020 (Community Manager) will be managing the communication directly."

There you have it - you have been warned glitchers. Follow Black Ops community manager Josh Olin and Vonderhaar himself on Twitter to stay aware of any further multiplayer developments.

Back to top Go down

Treyarch issue tough statement on glitchers.... Empty Re: Treyarch issue tough statement on glitchers....

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 16:42

Sounds positive
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Treyarch issue tough statement on glitchers.... Empty Re: Treyarch issue tough statement on glitchers....

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 17:41

Sounds fine by me. From my limited time on the MP this afternoon, this game feels right and I really hope the issues plaguing previous installments are kept to an absolte minimum
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 17:45

N1NJA FWG wrote:Sounds fine by me. From my limited time on the MP this afternoon, this game feels right and I really hope the issues plaguing previous installments are kept to an absolte minimum

Completely agree mate, After my short time with the multiplayer I ran in to no problems at all and it seems to be a hell of alot more stable than MW2 was on release.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 17:50

Can people be banned from specific games? I find it hard to believe that M$ will allow a developer to ban people from LIVE what with the income being lost from them
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 17:52

Duke wrote:Can people be banned from specific games? I find it hard to believe that M$ will allow a developer to ban people from LIVE what with the income being lost from them

I believe the Dev's have the power to console ban people...

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 9 Nov 2010 - 18:06

I think anyone found altering uploaded packet data is breaking M$ terms of service so they would prob endorse bans where deemed necessary by the devs:

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/legal/codeofconduct
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Plod Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 0:18

Finally a dev that actually sounds like they are working hard for the true gamer!
FWG Plod
FWG Plod
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/k1ngy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down