Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MW3 In development, being handled by 3 seperate developers....

3 posters

Go down

MW3 In development, being handled by 3 seperate developers.... Empty MW3 In development, being handled by 3 seperate developers....

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 10:42

Much speculation has surrounded who the developers of the next Modern Warfare title will be, following the fallout between Infinity Ward and Activision early last year.

Sledgehammer Games had been rumoured to be making Modern Warfare 3 but it seems they won't be the only developer trusted with the Modern Warfare brand.

As recently revealed by the LA Times, Sledgehammer along with Infinty Ward and fellow Activision developer Raven Software will all be contributing on the third in the Modern Warfare series.

According to the article Sledgehammer and Infinty will be sharing the work on single player duties and Raven will take charge of the all important multiplayer.

The LA Times also notes that Sledgehammer's Call of Duty spin-off, possibly of the sci-fi variety, will be delayed due to the studio helping with Modern Warfare 3.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, like most COD games, is set for a release at the end of the year so stay tuned for more info on the all conquering franchise when we get it.

Back to top Go down

MW3 In development, being handled by 3 seperate developers.... Empty Re: MW3 In development, being handled by 3 seperate developers....

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 12:58

Not sure I like the sound of this. Were Raven behind the last Wolfenstein game? If they were they need to up their game becasue while Wolfenstein was fun online it was incredibly rough around the edges and lacked a hell of a lot of polish.

Unless they really pull out the stops and are able to develop something refreshing and different, this might be the first COD I give a miss - the formula is starting to wear thin and games like Brink are offering glimpses that FPS's could be ready to change direction
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

MW3 In development, being handled by 3 seperate developers.... Empty Re: MW3 In development, being handled by 3 seperate developers....

Post by Pais Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 13:02

one thing i would like to see in the MP is the removal of the bloody gun ships. all other killstreaks i can live with.

But then again if 'Bulletstorm' and/or 'Brink' turn out good i wont bother with the next COD.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 13:03

Agreed mate and yes Raven were responsible for Wolfenstien.....In some respects CoD is responsible for Brink etc because devs feel a need to distance themselves from the formula..

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 15:27

They should just scrap kill streaks full stop, but just keep the rc-xd's for Ian. I wonder how many times when Al was on tour just a couple more ragheads for my gunship Smile
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 17:53

just remebered that GoW 3 and the new Ghost Recon are due out as well. so i wont be getting the new CoD.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down