Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FWG Android app in development! I need your input!

+4
Guichew
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Andy
8 posters

Go down

FWG Android app in development! I need your input! Empty FWG Android app in development! I need your input!

Post by Guest Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 0:52

Well as the title say's an FWG Android app is on it's way for all the Android lovers here and I need some help on what's going into it.

How it began: I was recently invited to beta test Googles new Android app inventor and after one (infuriatingly difficult to setup - Ninja had to put up with my conversation) evening I managed to get a grip of the editor and decided to begin an app for you guys here.

What's it all about: Basically in it's current guise it'll be a place to login and check the forum, add posts and generally do what you do on your comp all from one little android app.

What I need from everyone here: Well as this place is by you guys for you guys I need suggestions on what I can add to the app to make it easier, more fun and generally just better so please add suggestions here (really anything no matter how outlandish as it may well be possible)

So there you have it drop you ideas in here and I'll reply to all of them.

I've also looked at iphone development and depending on the success of this might well look into an iphone app

Back to top Go down

FWG Android app in development! I need your input! Empty Re: FWG Android app in development! I need your input!

Post by Andy Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 7:52

suprised you will have the time as you are always on the xbox when i log in haha.

is this gonna be like the tapatalk app that boc talks of?
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

FWG Android app in development! I need your input! Empty Re: FWG Android app in development! I need your input!

Post by Guest Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 7:57

FWG JEDI wrote:suprised you will have the time as you are always on the xbox when i log in haha.

is this gonna be like the tapatalk app that boc talks of?

I'm not online that much! Very Happy

Yeah tapatalk is probably a good base to start from but I would like more features personal to this forum....Speaking of tapatalk have you admin types activated the plugin here? it might come in very handy! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 8:00

Nice one matey. What's the chances of having an up and coming events section highlighted?? Or a list of who is currently online, or for that matter on live.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://www.fifthwallgaming.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 8:00

sure it was looked into before. boc doesnt use the site that much as she doesnt use her laptop often and as the site is difficult to look at from the iphone browser she avoids it.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 8:08

FWG Capt. Cockbag wrote:Nice one matey. What's the chances of having an up and coming events section highlighted?? Or a list of who is currently online, or for that matter on live.

That's something I would like to look into I know it's possible as there's already an Android app to login with your GT and check up with friends online etc. Would certainly be cool and looks entirely possible.

FWG JEDI wrote:sure it was looked into before. boc doesnt use the site that much as she doesnt use her laptop often and as the site is difficult to look at from the iphone browser she avoids it.

If that's the case and we can get it up and running then I can use tapatalk as a good basepoint to work up from and add feature along the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 8:20

i use openspark to see who is online and check my huge gamerscore on the go Razz

look forward to this tom, certainly the workings of it are above my head.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 8:40

I will have to check again but when I looked into tapatalk we couldnt use it. At that time it had to be installed into the forum and as it stood forumotion had nothing in place to allow this - one of the downsides to having a free forum is the lack of overall control.

I will check into it again.

I really am looking forward to Tom's app, his first one was a classic and I am sure this one will make using the site a lot easier. As good as the browser is on my Desire, this forums in general are not that elegant of sites to use on smartphones.

Hopefully Tom will be sending me the Beta release for me to test and have a play and i will look to make some suggestions afterwards
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 8:58

Still looks like tapatalk is unavailable as this thread on the support forum is dated later than the last time i checked:

http://help.forumotion.com/script-code-problems-f43/tapatalk-forum-mobile-t73188.htm

Its as I thought, Tapatalk requires installing to the forum and we have no control over that so it is something FM would have to roll out as a global option to all of their forum database.

It seems like it keeps cropping up on their support forum so i hope that eventually the admins over there will find a way of making it available
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 9:04

Cheers for looking into it mate, it's not too much of an issue but would be a good grounding going forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guichew Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 10:17

Fanatstic!!!!

I would like to see (in an ideal world!):

- News landing page
- Simple Forum navigation / posting (similair to the andoid mail app or gReader)
- Simple new posts list from the main page
- Events Calendar w/ sync to main calendar
- Member of the month section? Member challenge section?
- Funny use of Avatars - like a throw pie at the mod easter egg sort of thing.....

If I can help in anyway (not that I have any experience in android dev.....) let me know!

Alex
Guichew
Guichew
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 15:08

Some nice ideas in there Alex.

I'll deffo be going for a simple navigation UI and the idea of a new posts feed is good. Not looked into the calender but would be interesting to see how it could feed into the app.

Would love to have a couple of member sections too and Avatars is something I alreadyspoke to Chris about but the idea of having a game with them is very interesting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 16:36

i would have read chewies post and thought he had been smoking something, i bow down to your genius tom
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Plod Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 17:22

My phone as good as it is come out with Symbian which is a bitch!
I dont use apps and so have no idea what the heck u are on about but i believe u do so good on ya and hopefully by the time my upgrade is due u will have it all worked out and any bugs fixed Wink
FWG Plod
FWG Plod
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/k1ngy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke Sat 23 Oct 2010 - 10:23

I was looking into doing something with apps using the developers kit (although i thought it was available not just in beta) so it would be quite cool if you could give some info on how the process goes (maybe on ur blog).
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 9:57

A quick update for all you guy's waiting on this, our first (very small) build is now up and running and should be tested today by a select few...

I'll keep this post updated from now on with the day to day development process so those interested can learn a thing or two Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guichew Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 10:50

This sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it!
Guichew
Guichew
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Boc Wed 10 Nov 2010 - 20:57

This sounds like an awesome idea and fingers crossed for the iphone version too Very Happy Either that or FM allow tapatalk sometime soon Flower
Boc
Boc
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Wed 4 May 2011 - 19:35

Saw the 'app editor' online and thought of having a crack meself. Did search on here and found you were already doing something.

Whats the latest/how far you got?

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down