Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People want shorter games???

+3
N1NJA FWG
Pais
Duke
7 posters

Go down

People want shorter games??? Empty People want shorter games???

Post by Duke Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 19:10

Interesting article about how the average length of a game is shortening

HERE

It seems that 90% of people didn't complete Red Dead Redemption (I believe the technical term for these people is IDIOTS!) and can only just manage a 10 hour game.

I suppose the rise of multiplayer as a genuine choice for console owners is a big factor in this trend, but then with skyrim and deus ex coming up i suppose the content is there if you want it. How long the production companies will see the longer single player games as viable who knows?
Duke
Duke
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

People want shorter games??? Empty Re: People want shorter games???

Post by Pais Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 19:25

i've really started to go off of single player. dont know why,suppose i like mp better.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 20:14

Its all about balance - more is not necessarily better. RDR was awesome but even the middle section of that in Mexico felt a little bit more drawn out than it could be and even GTA4 tested my patience to finish it.

Fallout 3, NV, Mass Effect 1 & 2 have all eaten significant chunks of my life as they are compelling (to me at least) and content rich but not everyone is able to invest the time and effort in such games and I always will if a game hooks my interest enough.

There is also a lot to be said for the potential social side of MP games and that can have a big impact on time to play dedicated SP games - take this place. If I wasnt involved in a gaming community & clan then I would most likely game all on my own and my chievo score would be 2-3 times higher than it is now lol
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AC Token Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 20:44

I get bored of repetitive games where you go here to here do the same thing over and over, but i always go back to games after a few months and get right back into it from where i left off
AC Token
AC Token
FWG TOKEN HUN
FWG TOKEN HUN

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 21:41

length is irrelevant - fallout is really long if you do everything but has differences through the game so isnt repetitive.
cod however is really repetitive so 8 hours of that is more than enough
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 7:41

Biggest problems I have with games is the length of some of them. Its fine if you have plenty of time to play them but if like me your play time is limited you tend to find that a new game is coming out before you get to finish. Take Oblivion as an example. I love Oblivion but still have not finished it because other titles come out that I wanted to play. This is probably why I wont get Skyrim which makes me sad because its gonna be awesome!!
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 8:57

Andy wrote:length is irrelevant.....

Something you want to tell us Razz

I like long and short games. I love get deeply immersed into an RPG, with likes of Oblivion, Dragon Age and Mass Effect, but then I also like to rip through a FPS in around 7 to 8 hours.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 19 Aug 2011 - 11:56

FWG Rigor Mortice wrote:Its fine if you have plenty of time to play them but if like me your play time is limited you tend to find that a new game is coming out before you get to finish.

This, in a nutshell would most likely be the cause for the vast majority of gamers
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down