Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to make games and piss off people

+7
Dongziller
Waylander FWG
totalgizmo
Daz190uk
HomerRamone2084
The Selkie
slowdog76
11 posters

Go down

how to make games and piss off people Empty how to make games and piss off people

Post by slowdog76 Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 15:40

well, today sees the release of destiny's dlc. already criticised over its price, purchasers have found that the weekly and nightfall strikes are using the new dlc strike. which is fine. unless you have not bothered with the expensive dlc. in that case, tough. nothing for you. in the strike playlist, the level 24 strikes now no longer give blue engrams, and whilst the new level 26 playlist does, you cannot play that at all without the dlc.

these arent the biggest things in the world, but good god. they already have generated a ton of ill-will with this game. with perceived lack of content. removing more from the vanilla players, no matter how little or brief is just such a bad move
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

how to make games and piss off people Empty Re: how to make games and piss off people

Post by The Selkie Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 16:11

I thought this thread was going to be the title of a book by Phil Fish.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

how to make games and piss off people Empty Re: how to make games and piss off people

Post by HomerRamone2084 Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 16:21

Of course if this were an MMO you would paying a monthly sub instead.. which would add up quite quickly,
Not saying that makes it right, just that its strikes and gutters.
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 18:10

They've also confirmed you won't need the DLC to play the weeklys every week, some weeks it will be DLC content and some weeks it won't.

I'm really not bothered though - amongst the moaners there's an awful lot of happy people saying the new raid is great. If you really want to continue playing Destiny properly you need the DLC anyway to be fair.

It will still have an enormous player base come what may as the game is very fun indeed.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 18:24

Daz190uk wrote:They've also confirmed you won't need the DLC to play the weeklys every week, some weeks it will be DLC content and some weeks it won't.

But that puts non DLC people at a disadvantage, what are they suppose to do during DLC weeks to take advantage of getting the better gear? I agree that if you intend to continue playing Destiny you need the DLC.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 18:34

My interest in the game is waning before the DLC, making me question whether I want to buy it, these decisions put me off even more, I have tons more other games to play tbh.
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Selkie Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 18:43

totalgizmo wrote:that puts non DLC people at a disadvantage
Rule number 1 of MMO's - if someone else is paying more than you then they're going to be at an advantage. Whether you're F2P and they're a subscriber or they just paid for a new expansion you don't have, if they're paying for something then it'll help them against people who haven't paid.
The Selkie
The Selkie
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 18:57

Whilst that's true, Vanilla players will already shelled out a shed load for the game so this puts them at a disadvantage. Considering the game has only been out a couple of months I don't think it's a great move imo
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dongziller Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 18:59

are people still playing this Slap got real old real quick for me
Dongziller
Dongziller
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by slowdog76 Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 19:05

in this instance he means disadvantage in the sense that it makes it longer to get items that have been available to all from the beginning, not necessarily in a competitive sense.strange coins from nightfall strikes for example(the only guaranteed way to get them) are now harder to get for the vanilla players. taking away the engrams is shitty too.

i'm not saying any of this is the biggest deal in the world on its own. but considering the position they had already put themselves in, namely angering a crap ton of folks and developing a reputation of money grabbing, taking away content from those that do not buy the dlc at all, or heck, even within the first week, is particularly stupid. look at it the other way round too. folks were already pissed at the dlc price given how much was in it. now people have to buy the dlc to continue to be able to earn and attain at the same level as they were previously. that really is wrong.
slowdog76
slowdog76
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 19:16

Numbers have definatly dropped, you only have to look at the recently played list on XB1 dash. The 3 weeks before I traded Destiny I tried to run the Raid but there wasn't enough people to create a Fireteam let alone 6 for the Raid, so unless you want to start looking for a team on the randomers search lists (there are a few about as I used them to get teams together) you're shit out of luck playing with friends. Bungie said only yesterday there will be no match making for Raids.

Great game but lacking in content and then they want you to buy over priced DLC to make up for the lack of content, no thanks, as sound as the game mechanics are I'm not buying it.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 20:05

Gotta say this has cheesed me off. I plan on getting the DLC as I am still enjoying this as a co-op game but at this point in time I just cannot stretch to getting it. Thats fine, thats my situation but to start holding back parts of the game that I have paid for access to to prioritise DLC owners is just poor.

I have no issue with their being separate DLC orientated weekly's etc but I can't see why they couldnt have split the weekly playlist between DLC and vanilla and capped the rewards to one lot per character regardless of whether you run through both. They can seperate PvP into playlists so why not PvE.....

Got to say this has deflated my enthusiasm for the game quite a bit Neutral
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Tue 9 Dec 2014 - 22:35

After playing the DLC tonight, I must admit I'm loving it. The new music score is fantastic and adds an element of atmosphere. The weekly nightfall and heroic being DLC only is a bind but it is only for this week and you can only do those one you have unlocked them after you've done a load of missions.

The one thing that has always puzzled me is why do the weekly and Nightfall have to be the same mission, why not just mix them up.
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reaper FWG Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 10:22

i love it and if you dont get the dlc you dont get the missions, i have it and if the weekly was a non dlc mission id have been annoyed......................

but also apart from ninja i dont know know anyone who hasnt got the dlc?
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 12:19

Reaper FWG wrote: if the weekly was a non dlc mission id have been annoyed......................

I'm the other way Jamie, I was a bit pissed that it wasn't normal as I enjoy my Tues night exploits with Ninja
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ROBAFET Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 15:13

Borderlands is still better IMHO. I'm not spending any more on destiny, wasn't varied enough to start with, releasing overpriced dlc won't help. Glad others are still enjoying it though.
ROBAFET
ROBAFET
1st Wall
1st Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by HomerRamone2084 Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 18:31

Surely if you are still playing it now you were likely to get the DLC anyway ? I mean you can still play it. The same old same old maps yeah but if you were still playing it last tuesday then thats what you would be doing. The strikes (aside from the glass deely) were never anything more than the same shit with harder to kill enemies. And that hasnt changed - you can still do those. Maybe not all of them but its not like you cant play again.

Not sure theres that much difference tween this and the likes of BF content - if you jump onto say BF just after new DLC comes outs shit loads of people will play the new shit.

Course theres the small matter of the DLC being already part of the package (apparently). Think you need to moan about that a bit more Smile
HomerRamone2084
HomerRamone2084
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 19:21

There's not an issue of not being able to play.What people are complaining about is that the Nightfall and Weekly Strikes are, for this week DLC content, which locks out any non DLC players and any chance they had of getting the rewards. Basically penalising them for not having the DLC.

totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz190uk Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 19:39

totalgizmo wrote:There's not an issue of not being able to play.What people are complaining about is that the Nightfall and Weekly Strikes are, for this week DLC content, which locks out any non DLC players and any chance they had of getting the rewards. Basically penalising them for not having the DLC.

Mostly by making it slower to get new items that were part of the DLC in the first place.....

There's a potential case to be made around content, pricing and whether this DLC should have been DLC at all but I don't think the implementation is all that unfair to be honest.
Daz190uk
Daz190uk
4th Wall
4th Wall

Back to top Go down

Post by totalgizmo Wed 10 Dec 2014 - 20:01

Daz190uk wrote: I don't think the implementation is all that unfair to be honest.

If I'd have bought the DLC I would have expected the Nightfall and Weekly Strikes to use the content I just purchased. That said I can see where the non DLCers are coming from and Bungie should have foreseen the issue and put up a vanilla Strike as an alternative.
totalgizmo
totalgizmo
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down