Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crysis is "better" on console, releases next week for 1600msp

+2
N1NJA FWG
Killswitchmad
6 posters

Go down

Crysis is "better" on console, releases next week for 1600msp Empty Crysis is "better" on console, releases next week for 1600msp

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 2:12

Gamers have waited for years to play landmark PC shooter Crysis on console. Next week they will get their chance when it's released on Xbox 360 and PS3.

We've been speaking to Crytek's Cevat Yerli about converting the famously power-hungry FPS to consoles.

We asked Yerli if the finished product on consoles ran at the specs he would like. He told us, "Yeah, it runs at the same fidelity as Crysis 2, but the frame rate is a solid 25-30, it’s not a 60fps game. It feels very fluid on consoles, and we’ve also made an effort in remastering the content for consoles."

Yerli added, "What I mean by that is we’ve given it a whole new lighting path, quite a few new special effects, we’ve added the Nanosuit 2 controls, and all of this has added to, as well as improved the experience."

But how does it compare to the PC version of Crysis?

"I want to be clear: when I say the console versions look better than Crysis on PC, I mean that as a factual thing, not in terms of technical specifications."

Crysis will be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 on 4 October for £15.99 and 1600MSP respectively.

Thats a pretty cheap price point tbh and one I will deffo consider.....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Crysis is "better" on console, releases next week for 1600msp Empty Re: Crysis is "better" on console, releases next week for 1600msp

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 8:34

Quite fancy this. My PC at the time of the original launching was decent enough to run most things but I this would have made it beg for mercy so I never got it.

1600 points seems pretty reasonable Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Crysis is "better" on console, releases next week for 1600msp Empty Re: Crysis is "better" on console, releases next week for 1600msp

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 9:02

Agreed mate I really fancy this at that price....will take decades to download on my connection though Neutral
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 9:04

Killswitchmad wrote:Agreed mate I really fancy this at that price....will take decades to download on my connection though Neutral

lol, I know what you mean, I have just spent, on and off, 2 days downloading Resi Evil Code Name Veronica on the PS3!!
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:04

Killswitchmad wrote:Agreed mate I really fancy this at that price....will take decades to download on my connection though Neutral

How long did it take in the end Tom???? lol!

Well worth the download time although there is something being lost in transaltion over this as it costs 1840 points to buy and not 1600 as advertised on a few places.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:20

Too long mate, 7-8 hours I think....stupid companies not laying fibre optic Evil or Very Mad
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:22

Christ, you could have had most of the game played in that amount of time Razz
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by falviousuk Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:43

everywhere should have cable laid down, BT need to get their arses in gear and start laying the foundation for the future of the internet.

A lot of countries less well off than ours have far superior fast broadband infrastructure allready. We really are in a poor shape these days.

falviousuk
3rd Wall
3rd Wall

http://www.vazalla.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:52

It is pathetic, we live the the middle of a town but because we are on one side of a river that runs through the middle our exchange is nearly 2 miles away hence the shite 2mbps speed we get....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FlukeyHeadshot Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 14:07

Ouch thats not good at all, on the plus side though Crysis is stunningly good Smile

Matt

FlukeyHeadshot
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 14:27

I'm about 2 miles from the local telephone exchange, in 1 of the most populated areas of Birmingham - Erdington, and BT in their infinite wisdom have decided not to upgrade our telephone exchange until December 2012 Angry (according to their website)
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 18:09

Killswitchmad wrote:It is pathetic, we live the the middle of a town but because we are on one side of a river that runs through the middle our exchange is nearly 2 miles away hence the shite 2mbps speed we get....

cant believe that all round Ipswich has cable but the middle dont. i live in a backwater shite hole and,although i dont have cable,my speed is constantly higher than 7meg. BF3 and Fifa demo both only took around 20 mins to d/l.

back on topic,think i'll give this a miss.didnt really like it on the PC.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down