Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portal 2 DLC releases Oct. 4 and it's.......FREE!

5 posters

Go down

Portal 2 DLC releases Oct. 4 and it's.......FREE! Empty Portal 2 DLC releases Oct. 4 and it's.......FREE!

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 20:22

With the holiday season rapidly approaching it’s easy to forget about the games we loved during the first half of the year, but Valve isn’t content with their highly-reviewed puzzler fading into obscurity. Today, they announced that Portal 2’s first DLC pack will be coming out in just a few days, and it’s going to be totally, completely, 100% free.

The DLC is entitled "Portal 2: Peer Review," and will be downloadable on the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, and Mac on October 4. Peer Review continues the story of P-Body and Atlas with new cooperative tests to play through and more insults from GLaDOS to shrug off (and secretly cry about later), as well as a co-op Challenge Mode, complete with leaderboards. That's right, you'll be able to make fun of your friends for not being as good at co-op as you are!

If you have friends to play with, that is. For the friendless among us there will be singleplayer content as well, though Valve hasn’t confirmed exactly how it will work. Odds are players will just control one of the two robots in an "isolation test" or something along those lines, as that seems right up GLaDOS's alley. It's sick, it's twisted, and we're sure it will be plenty fun. Oh, and it's free, so whatever.

Still one of the best games of the year and the co-op is shockingly good plus for those cheevo whores out there it's easy to 1000g with a friend Smile
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Portal 2 DLC releases Oct. 4 and it's.......FREE! Empty Re: Portal 2 DLC releases Oct. 4 and it's.......FREE!

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 7:20

Good old Valve. Need to get my mits on this at some point. Loved the first one, one of the funniest games ive ever played!!
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Portal 2 DLC releases Oct. 4 and it's.......FREE! Empty Re: Portal 2 DLC releases Oct. 4 and it's.......FREE!

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 12:58

I will def be getting this to play but I won't be bying it again - its on my Lovefilm list. That said, it is a brilliant game and stupidly good fun in co-op. Well worth getting if you fancy something different and don't mind stretching your grey matter a bit.

At this point in time it is neck and neck with Gears 3 as my game of the year
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG MARKY FWG Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 18:32

portal 2 will be bought next weekend me thinks!!
FWG MARKY FWG
FWG MARKY FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FlukeyHeadshot Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 18:34

Ive never even played Portal 1, im thinking this is one I should pick up during one of the infamous gaming droughts??

Matt

FlukeyHeadshot
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 19:44

Definitely Matt but rather than get the Still Alive version on XBLA, I would pick up a copy of the Orange Box on the cheap - it only lacks a couple of challenge modes to the Arcade version and also comes with Half Life 2, HL2 Episodes 1 & 2 and Team Fortress (which is a good giggle in private)
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FlukeyHeadshot Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 19:54

Good tip Chris I'll take a look when all these bloody games stop coming out Smile

Matt

FlukeyHeadshot
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down