Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdoms of Amalur demo now available, finish it to unlock exclusive items for Mass Effect 3

+2
N1NJA FWG
Killswitchmad
6 posters

Go down

Kingdoms of Amalur demo now available, finish it to unlock exclusive items for Mass Effect 3 Empty Kingdoms of Amalur demo now available, finish it to unlock exclusive items for Mass Effect 3

Post by Killswitchmad Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 22:05

The demo for Big Huge Games’ action-RPG, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, is now available on the Xbox Live Marketplace with the PC and PS3 versions coming later in the day. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning aims to seamlessly blend the action and RPG genres together, a vision thought up by Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, and New York Times best-selling author R. A. Salvatore.

Completion of the Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning demo will grant players access to exclusive Mass Effect 3 content. Players who finish the demo will receive Reckoner Knight Armor, as well as Chakram Launcher with explosive ammunition discs. The only way to make sure Commander Shepard gains access to these items is by completing the demo. Likewise, when the Mass Effect 3 demo is released, players who complete it will receive special in-game content for Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. This is a pretty good example of effective cross-promoting that gamers won’t mind at all.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Kingdoms of Amalur demo now available, finish it to unlock exclusive items for Mass Effect 3 Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur demo now available, finish it to unlock exclusive items for Mass Effect 3

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 0:03

Downloaded this along with the Darkness 2 demo but have yet to give it a go. Interesting to offer cross game incentives as I doubt I would give this much of a look otherwise Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kingdoms of Amalur demo now available, finish it to unlock exclusive items for Mass Effect 3 Empty Re: Kingdoms of Amalur demo now available, finish it to unlock exclusive items for Mass Effect 3

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 0:04

It's been reviewing well but I can't see why from the demo, it looks and plays like a very cheap Fable Neutral
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 14:01

I have actually enjoyed the demo so far. It does play a little like Fable, but better, but then again I thought Fable was pretty crap.

I might have to get this I think, I have been keeping my eye on it for ages Smile
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 15:56

found that it isnt obvious from the start which character to choose. looking to play dual weild i chose the stalthy dude only to find he had no abilities to do with daggers or dual wield, but does have giant sword abilities - something that doesnt fit with the stealth bonus?????
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG MARKY FWG Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 16:01

Will download tonight then!
FWG MARKY FWG
FWG MARKY FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 19:14

Andy wrote:found that it isnt obvious from the start which character to choose. looking to play dual weild i chose the stalthy dude only to find he had no abilities to do with daggers or dual wield, but does have giant sword abilities - something that doesnt fit with the stealth bonus?????

I wasn't sure on character set up, but it became more obvious when I levelled up, as you can specify where to put your skill points. I think the initial selection is more to do with your initial bonuses
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Unky Al Fri 20 Jan 2012 - 19:18

I'll be downloading this shortly Smile
FWG Unky Al
FWG Unky Al
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 13:35

Gave this a go last night and knocked it off before I finished the demo, its just not my cup of tea. Fable without a sense of humour.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down