Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 runs on the Mass Effect 3 engine!

4 posters

Go down

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 runs on the Mass Effect 3 engine! Empty Mass Effect 2 on PS3 runs on the Mass Effect 3 engine!

Post by Guest Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 14:21

BioWare has revealed that the upcoming PlayStation 3 version of its epic sci-fi RPG Mass Effect 2 runs on the new engine developed for Mass Effect 3.

In the latest episode of the BioWare Blog Podcast Jesse Houston, the producer of the PlayStation 3 version, was asked what made the PS3 version of the game special.

Houston responded by revealing that the game was created using the engine BioWare developed for its recently unveiled third installment in the series. The dev has taken the content from Mass Effect 2 and dropped it all into the new engine.

"We've actually created the engine for Mass Effect 3 and use that to make Mass Effect 2 PS3." said Houston.

"So we took the content and the story and all the other assets that made up Mass Effect 2 and we put them in the Mass Effect 3 engine. And that's what we are actually delivering."

Houston went on to reiterate the importance of the PS3 to the overall Mass Effect franchise, placing it on equal grounds with the Xbox 360 and PC.

"PlayStation 3 is now an integral part of the Mass Effect effect franchise and will be right there alongside the Xbox and PC versions of the game" and Mass Effect 3 will receive a simultaneous launch on all three platforms come release day.

Mass Effect 3 is "a single-player game", a moderator post on the official Bioware forums has said.

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 runs on the Mass Effect 3 engine! Empty Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 runs on the Mass Effect 3 engine!

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 14:55

I read this earlier and while I am gutted the PS3 is getting a superior version, it should give us a good glimpse of what the game engine can produce when ME3 hits. It should be spectacular because lets face it, ME2 was a stunning looking game Very Happy
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect 2 on PS3 runs on the Mass Effect 3 engine! Empty Re: Mass Effect 2 on PS3 runs on the Mass Effect 3 engine!

Post by FWG Rigor Mortice Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 16:41

did PS3 get ME 1 and 2? Didnt think they did. Im guessing there version of 3 is also gonna cover parts of 1 and 2 to bring them up to speed with the story so far
FWG Rigor Mortice
FWG Rigor Mortice
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=657179664

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 17:26

As far as I aware Steve, ME1 wont be heading to PS3 but some form of 'catch up' will be built into ME2 to bring players up to date and also allow them to make some decisions that help shape their ME2 playthrough in the same way as importing an ME1 character.
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 17:27

iwonder if they will put the option of sleeping with mordin as those gaystation owners certainly wont be wanting to get into mirandas knickers Razz
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 16 Dec 2010 - 17:28

After Mordin sang Gilbert and Sullivan to me, I wanted to bed him Bounce
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SelectiveRogue Fri 17 Dec 2010 - 16:59

N1NJA FWG wrote:After Mordin sang Gilbert and Sullivan to me, I wanted to bed him Bounce

Police Mass Effect 2 on PS3 runs on the Mass Effect 3 engine! 196523 Police
SelectiveRogue
SelectiveRogue
1st Wall
1st Wall

http://www.theonlineracingassociation.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down