Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lay-offs and cancellation at Obsidian are down to Metacritic!

+2
FWG MARKY FWG
Killswitchmad
6 posters

Go down

Lay-offs and cancellation at Obsidian are down to Metacritic! Empty Lay-offs and cancellation at Obsidian are down to Metacritic!

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 16:36

Fallout: New Vegas developer Obsidian Entertainment has suffered 30 lay-offs this week, as well as being forced to cancel a next-gen project that was in conjunction with Microsoft.

When quizzed about the lay-offs on Twitter, Obsidian's co-founder Chris Avellone explained in a tweet that the studio was promised a bonus only if Fallout: New Vegas hit a Metacritic score of 85.

However, Fallout: New Vegas has sold over 5.85 million copies worldwidem according to aggregator VGChartz.

That is quite frankly disgusting, Metacritic is continualy criticised because it is very selective on the reviews it uses and has no continuous rule-set for judging a title so to deny a bonus and lay-off staff because of this and in-spite of strong sales is heinous.....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Lay-offs and cancellation at Obsidian are down to Metacritic! Empty Re: Lay-offs and cancellation at Obsidian are down to Metacritic!

Post by FWG MARKY FWG Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 16:39

sounds like a smoke screen for other reasons to me!!
FWG MARKY FWG
FWG MARKY FWG
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Lay-offs and cancellation at Obsidian are down to Metacritic! Empty Re: Lay-offs and cancellation at Obsidian are down to Metacritic!

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 18:33

Missing a target by 1% is harsh but ultimately the target is contractual so its a case of tough shit but they way of measuring against Metacritic is highly dubious as its scoring system can quite easily be manipulated No
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 19:23

also shows that many reviews are pish anyhows as for me vegas was at least a 90.
Andy
Andy
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 19:28

Hmm, it might be a 90 now (it is in my opinion too) but unfortunately I can imagine a fair few reviews were based around the version released and that was a bug ridden mess....
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 19:37

N1NJA FWG wrote:Hmm, it might be a 90 now (it is in my opinion too) but unfortunately I can imagine a fair few reviews were based around the version released and that was a bug ridden mess....

Skyrim was full of bugs and still is yet it still got such high ratings (and rightly so)
bal
bal

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 15 Mar 2012 - 19:39

True enough Agree
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Catatonic Fri 16 Mar 2012 - 19:00

skyrim is awesome and fallout vegas was just fallout again and i couldn't justify
the time i put into fallout to put that into a very similar game in a different surrounding
but then again that is most games now eh
FWG Catatonic
FWG Catatonic
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down