Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bizarre thankfully planning a sequel to Blur

Go down

Bizarre thankfully planning a sequel to Blur Empty Bizarre thankfully planning a sequel to Blur

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jul 2010 - 12:13

Did you think you'd seen the last of Blur given its disappointing opening sales? Don't count your chickens just yet.

Bizarre Creations' Nick Davies has told GamerZines that the grown-up kart racer is "the start of a big franchise for Bizarre", and that the team has a "plan" to return to the series in the future.

"To be honest with you, I think it was a very busy time for racing games," said Davies, explaining the reasons why he thought Blur failed to sell as many units as expected.

"It came out at the same time as ModNation Racers and Split/Second. It rates incredibly highly and it's a very popular game, and I think it's going to be a slow-burner. I think the multiplayer will stay for a long time and I think people will come back to that time and time again, long after some of the other games have gone back to the second-hand shelf.

The start of a big franchise? Does that mean Bizarre still has plans to return to Blur in the future, Nick?

"That's the plan, yeah. I don't work on the Blur team specifically so I can't speak for them, but it's always been the plan to make the number one racing franchise. That's as much as I can say!"

So there you have it. Blur 2, anyone?

Blur is available now on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. It sold disappointingly few units at launch, debuting at number 14 in the UK All-Formats Chart.

Bizarre Creations is currently working on the next big Bond game, James Bond 007: Blood Stone, due out later this year.

I'm very glad of this, Blur failed at retail yet it currently sits as one of the highest rated racers on the 360 and is one of my favourites of the year, If you see it cheap don't hesitate it's a fantastic game and is incredible value for money.

Back to top Go down