Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gears of War 4/Prequel Will be announced at E3

+4
FWG Catatonic
Pais
N1NJA FWG
Killswitchmad
8 posters

Go down

Gears of War 4/Prequel Will be announced at E3 Empty Gears of War 4/Prequel Will be announced at E3

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 31 May 2012 - 17:30

Gears of War 4/Prequel Will be announced at E3 Screenshot_283705

A brand new Gears of War game will be revealed at Microsoft's E3 press conference on Monday, US mag Game Informer has confirmed.

The mysterious title's first artwork shows a shadowy character bound in handcuffs, suggesting that the new instalment could in fact take the form of a prequel, detailing series protagonist Marcus Fenix's early days and eventual imprisonment.

A Gears prequel has of course been rumoured for some time, with reports late last year suggesting that Bulletstorm developer People Can Fly is at the helm, and a whole new trilogy of games planned for release.

GI confirms the title will be unveiled in full on Monday - the same day as Microsoft's E3 press conference. Stay tuned.

It's clear from that image that this is going to be a prequel but how will that work when the enemies progressed so much in the main series?
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Gears of War 4/Prequel Will be announced at E3 Empty Re: Gears of War 4/Prequel Will be announced at E3

Post by N1NJA FWG Thu 31 May 2012 - 20:00

Interesting but logically it should be more of the same waepons wise
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Gears of War 4/Prequel Will be announced at E3 Empty Re: Gears of War 4/Prequel Will be announced at E3

Post by Pais Thu 31 May 2012 - 22:48

Don't think that is Fenix meself. Too tall (he was/is a bit shorter and wider) and looks like a shaved head (although he could've had a shaved head at that time I suppose).

My bet is its a new character and this could be set at beginning of Locust war . Did hope they would do the Pendulum War,but judging by the background that seems unlikely.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by FWG Catatonic Thu 31 May 2012 - 23:16

presscot is what i am thinking by the shape of the fellow
FWG Catatonic
FWG Catatonic
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by WsS BoomStieger Thu 31 May 2012 - 23:23

its likely to be set before the hammer strikes possibly be set during Eday when there was more CoG forces and more equipment.... Prescott was never arrested though
WsS BoomStieger
WsS BoomStieger
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 31 May 2012 - 23:30

And the baldness would be because Fenix wore a bandana during Gears 1
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by WsS BoomStieger Thu 31 May 2012 - 23:36

Killswitchmad wrote:And the baldness would be because Fenix wore a bandana during Gears 1
Fenix isn't bald, his hair is short though and he was going grey (i read the books)
WsS BoomStieger
WsS BoomStieger
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Thu 31 May 2012 - 23:37

That's what I mean mate, pais said it was a bald guy but it could just be Fenix in a bandana Laughing
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by WsS BoomStieger Thu 31 May 2012 - 23:41

its very likely to be set during eday for sure, doubt it will involve marcus, as a playing role at least, or even be set leading upto marcus imprisonment. as there is a book out already about that moment of Marcus's life, and most the books lead upto a game (the slab is prequel upto Gears 1 it even includes the scene from opening of the game the chopper ride and meeting hoffman, and anya
WsS BoomStieger
WsS BoomStieger
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by bal Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 9:53

Im going to be keeping my eye on this one, The Gears campaigns are epic
bal
bal

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 12:08

Reminds me, I still havent finished GOW3 in co-op and on Insane....
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waylander FWG Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 12:33

N1NJA FWG wrote:Reminds me, I still havent finished GOW3 in co-op and on Insane....

I havent even started a co-op campaign yet Neutral
Waylander FWG
Waylander FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evosean Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 17:17

N1NJA FWG wrote:Reminds me, I still havent finished GOW3 in co-op and on Insane....

im up for another run through pal.
Evosean
Evosean
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 17:22

Killswitchmad wrote:That's what I mean mate, pais said it was a bald guy but it could just be Fenix in a bandana Laughing

Doesnt look like that character is wearing a bandana. It wouldnt be that smooth,mine arnt anyway.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 17:26

True enough mate, We shall find out tomorrow Very Happy
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 17:42

Evosean wrote:

Nice one mate, I reckon we need to set an evening aside and try and bash through a couple of chapters at a time Smile
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pais Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 18:03

N1NJA FWG wrote:
Evosean wrote:

Nice one mate, I reckon we need to set an evening aside and try and bash through a couple of chapters at a time Smile

I'll be up for that. Thursday,Friday and Saturday nights best for me as no work the next day.

Pais

Back to top Go down

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 1 Jun 2012 - 23:27

See HERE
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down