Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Evidence mounts for Bioshock Infinite troubles.....

2 posters

Go down

Evidence mounts for Bioshock Infinite troubles..... Empty Evidence mounts for Bioshock Infinite troubles.....

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 19:58

Evidence mounts for Bioshock Infinite troubles..... 09212010_Bioshock_Infinite_Gameplay_Trailer

A new report has surfaced claiming that the multiplayer modes in development for BioShock Infinite have been cut. The news comes in the wake of big changes in the staff at Irrational Games.

Yesterday, it was learned two key staff members from Infinite's development team departed Irrational Games. Now Kotaku is reporting some development snafus have struck the game, as the two different multiplayer components have been dropped mere months before BioShock Infinite's release.

Though multiplayer had never been confirmed for BioShock Infinite, Kotaku's sources say there was an internal focus on including multiplayer in BioShock Infinite so players wouldn't be so quick to trade the game in for something else. Both of the modes offered something completely different, with one being a tower defense mini-game that took place inside an old arcade machine, and the other being a co-operative mode akin to Call of Duty's Spec Ops.

It's still entirely possible there will still be multiplayer of some kind in Infinite when it arrives next year. Former Epic director of production Rod Fergusson has joined Irrational Games, whose experience with multiplayer games could mean the developer hasn't given up on multiplayer just yet. However with the game due during Feb 2013 any multiplayer component developed now could be a rushed job....
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Evidence mounts for Bioshock Infinite troubles..... Empty Re: Evidence mounts for Bioshock Infinite troubles.....

Post by N1NJA FWG Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 20:11

Rod Fergusson's appointment is a good one but I bet 90% of people who are really looking forward to Infinite are doing so for the single player - the first one had no MP and was no worse for it and it wasnt the reason I wanted no 2 so much (although admittedly the MP in Bioshock is very underrated)

A co-op mode would be interesting though
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Evidence mounts for Bioshock Infinite troubles..... Empty Re: Evidence mounts for Bioshock Infinite troubles.....

Post by Killswitchmad Fri 10 Aug 2012 - 20:13

I agree mate as long as the SP is up to scratch I'll be happy I just hope this doesn't delay the game further Sad
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down