Fifth Wall Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abe's Oddyse remake heading to XBLA!

3 posters

Go down

Abe's Oddyse remake heading to XBLA! Empty Abe's Oddyse remake heading to XBLA!

Post by Killswitchmad Sat 1 Dec 2012 - 23:20

Fifteen years ago, Lorne Lanning and the Oddworld Inhabitants built a world of righteous capitalist paranoia, oppression and uprising. Abe's Oddysee might have sweetened the pill with a few Farting jokes, but the message was one of desperation and hope. Luckily, it was also a brilliant puzzle platformer, and became an instant, beloved classic.

For newcomers to Oddworld, Abe is a humble Mudokon. Born into captivity, he's one of the finest floor-waxers in Rupture Farms. That is, until he's waxing the floor outside a meeting room, and learns that the meat they've been producing is becoming extinct, and the newest product line involves ripping off Mudokon heads and putting them on sticks. Hey, no-one said it was a subtle attack on capitalism.

Abe's only power is to use the world against his captors, and possess his enemies by chanting - but possession takes time, and you're likely to get gunned down if you try it without planning your attack. It's a matter of noting and abusing their predictable behaviours, in every possible way.

A remake of Abe's Oddysee could have been a simple port of that classic 2D world. But the New 'n' Tasty! subtitle is designed to distance itself from the humble HD remake. Just Add Water is aiming higher, rebuilding the puzzles of Rupture Farms in 3D. Additionally, the original game was built around a flip-screen approach, letting you reset a puzzle by nipping off the side of the screen and back in again. Now it's a scrolling, contiguous world, so the creatures have to behave with more convincing AI.

Lanning's a huge fan of downloadable games, pointing out that a $10 digital purchase gives a dev as much money as a $60 boxed product. It's digital distribution that's allowed Lanning to bring back the heroic underdog. The longer plan is to finish the five-part Oddysee - there are as many unfinished games in the series as there are complete. We hope there's an audience for this - if not, this might not be the industry we thought it was.
Killswitchmad
Killswitchmad
Fifth Wall Vet
Fifth Wall Vet

Back to top Go down

Abe's Oddyse remake heading to XBLA! Empty Re: Abe's Oddyse remake heading to XBLA!

Post by N1NJA FWG Sun 2 Dec 2012 - 9:15

Good news, these games were fucking hard though. I never finished Oddysee or Exodus Slap
N1NJA FWG
N1NJA FWG
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Abe's Oddyse remake heading to XBLA! Empty Re: Abe's Oddyse remake heading to XBLA!

Post by Reaper FWG Mon 3 Dec 2012 - 9:09

i finished them but they were hard as................. me and my mate Matt sat there days on it that and Super metroid being 2 of the harder ones from my childhood lol

im looking forward to this
Reaper FWG
Reaper FWG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down